Past July Last Minute Cruises

pdreams

My wife and I are planning on going on a cruise leaving from Miami on July 18th for our anniversary. There are three cruises leaving that day and we are not picky as to which one we go on.

We have already booked our flights and I am curious if anyone has booked a July last minute cruise in the past and what they paid. I know that there is no way to predict future prices, but I am just curious if anyone maybe did this last year or any other year and how much they paid?

My hope is that there will be 4th of July last minute deals similar to what was offered for Memorial Day recently, but any help would be great. Thanks.

My wife and I are planning on going on a cruise leaving from Miami on July 18th for our anniversary. There are three cruises leaving that day and we are not picky as to which one we go on.

We have already booked our flights and I am curious if anyone has booked a July last minute cruise in the past and what they paid. I know that there is no way to predict future prices, but I am just curious if anyone maybe did this last year or any other year and how much they paid?

My hope is that there will be 4th of July last minute deals similar to what was offered for Memorial Day recently, but any help would be great. Thanks.

There really is no way to predict prices or compare them to previous years as pricing changes not only each year but within each itinerary from early to late bookings based on supply and demand.

All you can do is look at current prices and set a benchmark there and watch as your intended sailing date approaches. If they drop, book it. There is no guarantee that the Holiday will bring good last minute prices. It all depends on each ship and what is available within each stateroom category as the sail date approaches.

Whatever you choose, enjoy your cruise!

Thanks for your replies. I appreciate your help, but what I'm asking is more so what anyone paid in the past for July cruises.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Really only trying to help, so please don't feel as though I'm being critical or not providing what you want. But if you want an apples to apples comparison you need to provide more specific information. Keep in mind that what "anyone paid in the past for July cruises" will not be a gauge on what will be paid this year as that will vary by cruise line and all the variables involved with ships, dates, itineraries, staterooms, etc.

I think you need identify the specific ships, dates, itineraries, and stateroom categories you are looking at to see if someone cruised on any of them last year in the stateroom category you are interested in to see what they paid. That is important as each stateroom category also is different from each other and cruise to cruise.

But again, last July's pricing will have no real relevance on this years pricing as - mentioned before - supply and demand with available staterooms on a given ship, date, and itinerary will drive the current prices. And the resulting rates may be higher or lower than last year.

Example - we repeated the exact same ship, itinerary, and stateroom category this past March as we did in March '13, but two weeks apart on actual date. We paid more in 2013 than we did this past March, and there were no special sales, etc. It was simply just a matter of the pricing this year v last. But there have been some specials offered by RCI this year across the board which would make the same cruise in 2015 less costly than 2014 or 2013.

But the point being made is there is no predicting - or more importantly IMO - no real value to comparing a previous price to a current price that may indeed change (up or down) by the time you book it. You may pay the same, more, or less this year versus what was paid last year. Other than seasonal variances, there is typically no consistent pattern year to year that drives specific prices for a cruise on one week of one year to that same week the next year.

It appears you are looking for some type of comparison from last year to help base your choices on this year, but unfortunately - even if a direct comparison could be made - that is not likely to be of any real value. IMO there is just no relevance with previous pricing to future pricing.

I would just make my decision on preferred ship and itinerary based on best current pricing available. Whatever the result, good luck with your choices and enjoy your cruise!

Edited by leaveitallbehind

Thanks for your replies. I appreciate your help, but what I'm asking is more so what anyone paid in the past for July cruises.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Confident that all previous posters understood what you were asking. It's just that what you asking really is not an indicator of any kind as to how pricing will be this July. It all comes down to supply vs. demand. If you have listened to the news lately , it's been said that more people are traveling this year than last year.

As far as sales go such as the recent Memorial Day sales, you have to carefully watch the prices. Some aren't really sales at all. For example I booked a cruise 3 days before the recent RCCL Memorial Weekend sale. Checked pricing during the sale and the same cruise I booked 3 days before was actually $340.00 more! The only benefit of the sale was that I would have received a $50.00 on board credit.