LOTS of time between debark and flight POM, what to do?

LBroxon

We are cruising on the Glory from POM and we have a lot of time between debarkation and our flight, which is not until 8pm. What would you do in that gap? We will be with the first group off of the ship and I have no desire to sit on the ship longer because there is nothing to do at that time. It's a Sunday and we are not all that familiar with the area. We are considering renting a car, so we can actually do SOMETHING and not have to sit in the airport for 10+ hours.

We are cruising on the Glory from POM and we have a lot of time between debarkation and our flight, which is not until 8pm. What would you do in that gap? We will be with the first group off of the ship and I have no desire to sit on the ship longer because there is nothing to do at that time. It's a Sunday and we are not all that familiar with the area. We are considering renting a car, so we can actually do SOMETHING and not have to sit in the airport for 10+ hours.

Since you are renting a car, I would head to Vizcaya, tour it, then head over to the Rusty Pelican on Virginia Key for seafood and a fantastic view of downtown Miami and Biscayne Bay.

Or, I'd head to South Beach, sit outside at News Café and people watch. You can literally spend hours there.

OR if you want to leave the country again, head to Little Havana and Calle Ocho and shop, dine at Versailles or one of the other famouse Cuban eateries, and watch the cigar makers or browse the galleries.

What about an Everglades tour? We did that once. Rented a car and headed to holiday park and did an airboat ride.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

The last place in North American you want to be in Mid June is the Everglades. Too hot, too muggy, thunderstorms, and massive swarms of huge mosquitos that have some sort of resistance to DEET.

http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/2013-08-09/news/fl-mosquitoes-gone-wild-2-20130809_1_everglades-national-park-royal-palm-visitor-center-1-5-million-acre-park

Edited by BlueHerons