Ketchican questions

Casey2

Can someone tell me the distance from the pier in Ketchican to Creek Street? We dock at 1:00 and have a 2:30 -5:30 excursion which leaves from the pier. I heard that Ketchican is a really interesting town for walking around and shopping . Do we have time to go into town before the excursion? We will also spend time in town after the excursion. We are in Ketchican until 8:00 but it gets dark early in September. How late are stores open?

It's a very short distance. Just before you get to creek street you'll see a small stip center featuring the local radio station. Next door is the 'Made in Alaska' store. Very interesting with authentic foods, arts, crafts etc. Say Hi to Elaine.

There are a lot of neat boutiques on Creek Street and Scanlon Gallery is also good for prints, earthenware etc. New owners but kept quality etc. The shops right at the dock are pretty much "same old same old" souvenir type shops although many also to go shops at nearby Salmon Landing .. a little closer than Creek St but head to Creek St since time is shorter for you IMHO only.

Casey 2, What part of Sept are your going to Alaska. I see you arrive in Ketchican at 1 and leave at 8. We are on Radiance leaving Sept 10 and are in port same hours. We are also wanting to see Creek St. Info helds us also.

Anyone know how difficult it will be to shop ketchican in a wheelchair? Or have any wheelchair friendly excursions?

Alaska is very ADA friendly, you shouldn't have a problem unless there are a large number of ships in port. Then eveyone has a problem. :)

Thanks for all your information. Beach 1, we are on the Radiance but sailing Sept 17. We are definitely going to walk around Creek Street in fact our tour will leave us off there if we want. I just wasn't sure how late the store will be open.

I don't know about Creek street in a wheelchair. the streets are narrow and wooden (like boardwalks) and if I remember correctly, I think there are some stairs at one end. But the rest of town should be fine.

I don't know about Creek street in a wheelchair. the streets are narrow and wooden (like boardwalks) and if I remember correctly, I think there are some stairs at one end. But the rest of town should be fine.

No stairs for access to Creek St except a curb.

Archived