Just Back from Solstice - Alaska 5/23-3/30

mabell2

Good Morning! Thanks for your reply on Ketchikan. You said you did not take a private tour in Ketchikan, but in your review you said you did. Quote, "Our first stop was Ketchikan. We have been on many cruises but I have to say this was not my favorite port. We took a 2 hour tour (that we booked privately), the tour was really good but the town was a little run down and not as beautiful as the other ports". I do not know if this was a mistake, but let me know.

Cheers,

Mark

Good Morning! Thanks for your reply on Ketchikan. You said you did not take a private tour in Ketchikan, but in your review you said you did. Quote, "Our first stop was Ketchikan. We have been on many cruises but I have to say this was not my favorite port. We took a 2 hour tour (that we booked privately), the tour was really good but the town was a little run down and not as beautiful as the other ports". I do not know if this was a mistake, but let me know.

Cheers,

Mark

Hey Mark, I think you're mixing up the OP, Mabell2, and the reply from MicCanberra.

We also did not take a tour in Ketchikan, although there were several hawkers just off the ship offering a fair number of tours. I distinctly recall a 2-hour bus tour offered as we considered doing it.

Perhaps Mabell2 can respond with which tour they took.

Hey Mark, I think you're mixing up the OP, Mabell2, and the reply from MicCanberra.

We also did not take a tour in Ketchikan, although there were several hawkers just off the ship offering a fair number of tours. I distinctly recall a 2-hour bus tour offered as we considered doing it.

Perhaps Mabell2 can respond with which tour they took.

We definitely didn't do a tour, but walked around on our own for a while instead.:D

• 2 weeks later...
My family and I were on this cruise as well and I saved the Celebrity Today dailies on the trip. I've scanned them in and hosted PDFs for those interested:

May 23rd - Seattle, Washington

May 24th - At Sea

May 25th - Ketchikan, Alaska

May 26th - Tracy Arm Fjord (Cruising) / Juneau, Alaska

May 27th - Skagway, Alaska

May 28th - At Sea

May 29th - Victoria B.C., Canada

Enjoy!

Thank you so much! Great to read through these ahead of time. Can't wait for our first Celebrity cruise!

We've booked private tours in Ketchikan (airplane tour) and Juneau (Whale watching), and are waiting to use our OBC for a train ride in Skagway. First time for any of us to Alaska, and my parents first cruise. SO excited!

Nancy

Edited by ansafae

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
[quote name='Eatheror']My family and I were on this cruise as well and I saved the Celebrity Today dailies on the trip. I've scanned them in and hosted PDFs for those interested:

Enjoy![/QUOTE]

Thanks so much for posting these and thanks to all who reviewed Solstice. I just booked her for Alaska in May 2015. Wanted to do back to back on RCI's Jewel - Pacific Northwest & then stay on for Alaska - but it violated the Jones Act.:mad: We will end our Jewel cruise in Vancouver and take the short flight down to Seattle to embark Solstice. I haven't sailed on Celebrity in a number of years so I'm researching everything. For you frequent CCL cruisers, is a concierge cabin worth an extra $150 total for both of us on Solstice? I know the cabin size is the same as a regular balcony cabin. We are Elite with Celebrity. Thanks for any info and advice thrown my way.