Breakaway M6 motion?

puggsie

DH booked a surprise Bermuda cruise on the Breakaway and I am really excited to have such a large balcony to lay around on for sea days. My only fear is motion. Glad that we are parked for three days; Worried that I will be unhappy with the motion because I get vertigo.

I don't want to change because I do want the balcony. If I booked the M6 myself I would have opted for closer to the middle, but he got closest to the front and booked back in February.

I don't want to obsess until September but I want to mentally prepare for what to expect. From anyone who has been all the way up front on the Breakaway, what can I expect?

Thanks in advance for your experiences.

I was mid-ship, but closer to the front last week, 10182. I truthfully could not even hardly tell we were moving all the way to Bermuda. It was the least movement I have felt on any cruise. I did not notice movement when in the theater all the way forward either.

Coming back was much rougher though, seas were rough due to weather conditions and we were sailing twice as fast. I do recommend you take something before leaving Bermuda that Friday if you are prone to seasickness/vertigo. Even being midship, we were rocking and rolling!

debbie

I too have vertigo 5 to 7 days a week from mild to severe. Surprisingly it does not affect me on the ship but when I get off ship on land then it comes on.

I am a mess for a week after. I am hoping that having three still days will help with that.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Forums mobile app

I am a mess for a week after. I am hoping that having three still days will help with that.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Forums mobile app

I have the same problem - fine while on the ship but vertigo after. My doctor recommended I take Bonine everyday during the cruise to hopefully prevent the after cruise sickness. I'm going to try it with my upcoming trip & hope it works!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You just never know what seas will be like on the Bermuda trips. We've had dead calm and we've had rough.

If you are forward on the ship, you will feel the motion more than midship or even aft.

I thought our M6 was great.