Price Drops

NOSaints1

We're booked in November, our cruise is paid off in full, we're booked in a ES our cruise went from 1079 to 994 but we got a refund back to our cc instead of getting a OBC, can you explain why?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I can't explain why but I would be thrilled. While I am always happy for OBC I would like to have the $$$$ back even more. If I use the OBC for let's say a drink that costs $8 it really only cost carnival a small fraction of that amount. To get back 100% of the price difference would be awesome.

Same thing happened to us yesterday for our August cruise.

I asked for the $70.00 to be applied as a OBC as our cruise was paid in full but they have to apply the credit to the original credit card. Not complaining but it is nice to start the trip with a credit.

Dave

We're booked in November, our cruise is paid off in full, we're booked in a ES our cruise went from 1079 to 994 but we got a refund back to our cc instead of getting a OBC, can you explain why?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Ok Alex give me...What is you've not reached the actual final payment date?

I'm guessing thats why you got a refund instead of OBC. The Carnival final payment date depending on when you sail in November is some where's around the end of August or so...maybe September...so even though you've paid your cruise in full, you've not reached the actual final payment date set by Carnival, which I think is about 75 days prior to sailing. I could be wrong, but thats the story I'm sticking too.

Yes, that's the reason. If you are outside final payment date, they simply refund your credit card. If inside final payment - they issue OBC. If they didn't issue a credit card refund prior to final payment date, many people would just can and rebook. I think they want to avoid that.

They apply the credit to your CC if the sail date is over 60 days out. When less then that they issue a ship credit. I'm sailing on the Sensation next month and I did this as a last minute trip. When the prices dropped, I took an upgrade since I did not meet the early saver price guarantee rates. In the end I still made out