Oasis vs. Allure - differences?

DH and I sailed on Oasis last year and had an incredible time. Probably our favorite cruise so far! We're planning to go again next year, this time with his parents (we'll have separate cabins - ideally separated by a deck or two :rolleyes:). I want to go on Oasis again but DH wants to go on Allure. So, before this becomes an argument, can anyone tell me how the ships differ. I know Allure is supposed to be slightly bigger and has Chicago (vs. Hairspray on Oasis). Other than that, though, how about as far as decks, cabins, attractions, restaurants, pools, food & drink, crew, etc? It's my understanding they both go to the same ports, alternating weeks, so if that's the case, ports aren't a concern.

TIA!

The major differences are the shows. Many people switch ships to see different shows rather than seeing the same ones again.

Another difference is Oasis sails on Saturday and Allure on Sunday.

Deck layouts are basically identical. Some restaurants/themes are different.

I've been on both and I can say that they are way more similar than different. The changes are as noted by others: restaurants, decor, shows, etc. To me there is not enough difference to make me pick one over the other. If I were you I would pick Allure just because it hasn't been seen yet, but do so only if the itineary, price, dates, etc matches what you want.

This will finalize your decision for sure, everyone is forgetting the major difference, There is a bar at the end of the Boardwalk before you enter the Aquatheater, on Oasis its roof is blue, on Allure its red! (I hope I got that right)

Edited by BillOh

This will finalize your decision for sure, everyone is forgetting the major difference, There is a bar at the end of the Boardwalk before you enter the Aquatheater, on Oasis its roof is blue, on Allure its red! (I hope I got that right)

Damn, I was really hoping for blue. :eek:

The question is...which is better, the blue roof or the red? This is CC, you have to pick a side and defend your personal opinion to the death :p

I have sailed both Oasis and Allure twice. Allure has The Dog House with a whole selection of German style and Polish style and Coney Island style dogs. I rarely eat hotdogs, but I have been known to go to the Dog House:D With the Oasis refub October of this year, they are almost certain to have at least a few changes in eateries, but I don't think there has been an announcement. Since you mentioned going next year, as others have said the main show will be Cats by then.

BTW Allure will be gone to Europe for a refub and numerous sailings from 19 Apr 2015 - 6 Nov 2015.

Thom

YES!!! I picked the right color and had no idea I was even doing it! :D

The question is...which is better, the blue roof or the red? This is CC, you have to pick a side and defend your personal opinion to the death :p

Blue of course! I wear a lot of blue, own nothing in red. My favorite sports teams wear blue. My wife loves blue and has blue eyes. The RCI logo on their ships is blue. I love the blue waters of the Caribbean. I once owned a dog named Blue.

Finally, every time a cruise comes to an end I leave blue.:eek: