Great dive and snorkel experience with Curious2Dive

Middleager

Just found the notes, and found I didn't post this. So this is a belated review from last year:

We booked shore diving and snorkelling with Hans pleij of Curious2Dive. The ship got to Curacao about ½ hr late. Don’t know why they’ll be late because there’s lots of time to arrive here. But because it was late, and so many people wanted to get off the ship at the same time, it created congestion at the elevator and then the Riviera deck, deck 1. The elevator doesn’t go to deck 0 at this time. So with the scuba/snorkel gear bag we had, and the MIL that had knee problem, we had to wait for the special elevator that could go to deck 0, then long line to get out. It was shortly after 3pm when we finally walked out of the cruise terminal, where Hans was waiting with a sign.

We rode in Hans’ double cabin truck to his dive shop. Hans was very polite and pleasant. He asked my wife, the MIL and her friend, to get them ready, including shorty wetsuits. I also decided to wear a shorty wetsuit in addition to my skins. He gave a briefing with his map/board. We then rode in his truck to the dive/snorkel site. Hans took care of the 3 snorkelers himself, while a very nice cute young lady Isabel was my DM.

It was a short swim out from shore, then we began the descend to a very nice dive. Isabel found a seahorse right away, to show me. She then lead me to the step/wall, then the wall. The viz wasn’t great, but was ok at about 50-60’. But the coral growth was nice and health, with different colors, and also some thin whips. We saw lion fish, lobster, spiders, eels, and lots of mostly small fish. Also saw a flounder at the bottom covered in sand, and a bigger flounder swimming by.

At ½ tank, we headed back, went to under the pier structure, and saw another sea horse. Then went to the tugboat, which was in about 20’ of water. That tug boat was small yet interesting, with a bunch of coral growth, and lots of fish hiding inside it.

When we were getting out of water, I see we had a good long one hour dive. The 3 ladies were still in their snorkelling attire, and all said the snorkelling was great. Hans really helped those non-swimmer ladies to be comfortable in water, swam out, and saw a lot. The ladies said this was the best snorkelling of the 3 ports they did.

When we got back to the dive shop, it was apparent that there wasn’t enough time for a second dive. A bit disappointing for me, but it was nice knowing the ladies had good snorkelling, and \I had a great dive.

Hans then showed us on his laptop the pictures he took with the ladies, and the pics Isabel took. He said he’ll put on Google drive, and when we get back I can see from the email, the pics, and we can download all the pics. That was great to know.

Hans then drove us back to the cruise terminal. The ladies talked about the sunset and told my wife to take a picture. Hans heard that and drove down the road to the edge of the water for my wife to take pics of the sunset, then turned around to let us off.

After hearing good reviews of Hans, and our own great experience with him, we would recommend Hans whole heartedly.