Just browsing on oz online site as I do daily :D

Ship Name: Carnival Spirit

Cruise Code: CS425

Departure Date: Friday, 1 August 2014

Cruise Name: South Pacific

Nights: 11

Departing: Sydney

IS Deck 1 (Riviera) Interior Stateroom (Guaranteed) $965

Probably only a few cabins left. But good price for a solo.

Haven't sailed carnival yet. Will do in august. For that price pack some earplugs if light sleeper.

Always travel with ear plugs, you never know who your neighbours will be (TV noise, talking/shouting, walking around, doors opening and closing:eek: )and sometimes they can keep very different hours to yourself. It can happen on any deck in any cabin, on any ship.:(

Edited by MicCanberra

I have been on deck 1 twice & never had a problem with noise, although we have been mid ship both times, don't know how the noise levels would be closer to the nightclub end, but as has been said earplugs, never travel without them. I found deck 1 very convenient as most indoor things are on decks 2 & 3 the only need for the lifts is to the buffet or pool deck. Robin:)

Sister was at the very back of the ship right by the nightclub, didn't hear a thing, and she isn't a heavy sleeper. If she can sleep there anyone can. She loved her position, around the corner and up the lift to the diningroom.

Awesome price and it's the Spirit!!

Hopefully something like that will come up again when I can cruise....

As an aside question - how on earth do you sleep with ear plugs in?? I find them the most uncomfortable things on earth and have tried to sleep with them in when camping at festivals and have never been able to stand them :confused::confused:

As an aside question - how on earth do you sleep with ear plugs in?? I find them the most uncomfortable things on earth and have tried to sleep with them in when camping at festivals and have never been able to stand them :confused::confused:

For me they only tend to stay in for a few hours, it is really just to help me drift off.:D

You have to use the soft foam ones that squish inside your ear, as has been said they usually only stay in till you go to sleep, you tend to take them out at some stage throughout the night. Robin:)

Just browsing on oz online site as I do daily :D

Ship Name: Carnival Spirit

Cruise Code: CS425

Departure Date: Friday, 1 August 2014

Cruise Name: South Pacific

Nights: 11

Departing: Sydney

IS Deck 1 (Riviera) Interior Stateroom (Guaranteed) $965

Probably only a few cabins left. But good price for a solo.

Going back to the original post - I saw a comment on a CC FB post today about cruising single and someone was whining that $883 for 7 days solo on NCL Breakaway was too expensive :eek:

I know it's not as cheap as this deal but I'd happily pay that to cruise on that modern liner :rolleyes: