Queen Elizabeth ll - Berth 38/9

One of the sites I saw stated that our ship (Oceania Marina) will be berthed at Queen Elizabeth ll -38/9. We will be staying at the Premier Inn West Quay. Is this doable by walking or should we be thinking taxi - or shuttle (if there is one)?

Personally I wouldn't walk that distance with luggage. We usually stay at the Premier Inn when we're going on a cruise and generally leave from Ocean terminal which is next to QE2 terminal but slightly closer to the hotel. We usually take a walk along that way in the evening before we sail but we'd never walk with luggage as it's probably 15 minutes from the hotel. The best thing to do is ask someone at reception to call a taxi for you. We use West Quay cars and they're pretty reliable.

QE11 terminal is much deeper into the docks than Ocean Terminal - heavy truck traffic & no sidewalk.

Apart from the distance (a mile & a half) it's the one terminal I'd rate as dangerous to walk.

Only a 5 minute taxi ride.

https://www.google.com/maps?saddr=Premier+Inn,+West+Quay,+Harbour+Parade,+Southampton,+United+Kingdom&daddr=Central+Rd+to:Test+Rd&hl=en&ll=50.892477,-1.399899&spn=0.041092,0.099821&sll=50.897078,-1.399684&sspn=0.010272,0.024955&geocode=FZayCAMdcILq_yEjQO1Ej40UWylD6Nwms3Z0SDEjQO1Ej40UWw%3BFZefCAMd96fq_w%3BFYB1CAMdGLPq_w&oq=Dock+Gate+4+Southampton&t=h&dirflg=w&mra=ltm&z=14

If you've got classic googlemaps :):

A is Premier Inn West Quay (a vacant building site on this old google aerial view)

B is dock gate 4

C is QE terminal

If you've got the awful new googlemaps you can probably figure what is where. :rolleyes:

JB :)

Edited by John Bull

QE11 terminal is much deeper into the docks than Ocean Terminal - heavy truck traffic & no sidewalk.

Apart from the distance (a mile & a half) it's the one terminal I'd rate as dangerous to walk.

Only a 5 minute taxi ride.

https://www.google.com/maps?saddr=Premier+Inn,+West+Quay,+Harbour+Parade,+Southampton,+United+Kingdom&daddr=Central+Rd+to:Test+Rd&hl=en&ll=50.892477,-1.399899&spn=0.041092,0.099821&sll=50.897078,-1.399684&sspn=0.010272,0.024955&geocode=FZayCAMdcILq_yEjQO1Ej40UWylD6Nwms3Z0SDEjQO1Ej40UWw%3BFZefCAMd96fq_w%3BFYB1CAMdGLPq_w&oq=Dock+Gate+4+Southampton&t=h&dirflg=w&mra=ltm&z=14

If you've got classic googlemaps :):

A is Premier Inn West Quay (a vacant building site on this old google aerial view)

B is dock gate 4

C is QE terminal

If you've got the awful new googlemaps you can probably figure what is where. :rolleyes:

JB :)

Thank you John -- I totally agree: too far to walk. We'll do a taxi (unless we meet some other people from our cruise at the hotel and we hire a van.