Rhapsody, Alaska inside passage, May 30-June 6

Thanks for your trip report! We're going on the Rhapsody at the end of August. Regarding your time in Juneau, did you do a ship's excursion or a private trip for whale watching and the glacier? I think the ship arrives in Juneau at midday and leaves at 10pm so I guess we would have enough time to do both but I think I read somewhere that the last public bus back from the glacier leaves at 5 so maybe I should look into excursions run by the ship.

It was a ship excursion. The tour was not rushed at all- I think we stayed at one whale location longer than they were actually allowed to (and there are whale watching watchers out there). There are a LOT of choices for whale watching, I did note that. I think the hike part of our tour kept the group somewhat small- IIRC, there were only 8 of us.

Thanks for the info. Where is it located?

Both Giovanni's and Chops are located on the port side of the ship, just aft of the centrum. Or right behind the Schooner Bar. Izumi is up on the aft part of the Viking Crown Lounge.

Thank you for this great review! Nice to hear Rhapsody ship & crew are top notch... brings back great memories. I too have been surprised by my cruises on the smaller Vision Class ships, very memorable and all of them superb so far. Your cabin must've been utterly incredible that morning in the Glacier!! If you have photos please post :)

We were on the same cruise. Here's the glacier he's talking about from our balcony!

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-RjE4HiFyIZY/U5-dEhKeeBI/AAAAAAAAAUU/A0gwpsKirfE/w1235-h695-no/Alaska+2014+258.jpg