Copenhagen Bus #26

spikecat

Can you tell me if it is easy to walk from the ship to where you catch bus #26 to go to town? How can you pay for the bus-do you have to have KRs? I take it the ship does not provide a shuttle. Also what is the cost of taxi from airport to port?

Thank you

It is about a 5 to 7 minute easy walk from the ship to the bus stop. It is directly across from the UNICEF building--which is huge and so is the sign.

On the first day we were in port upon return, there was a person selling bus tickets--but as we had bought a Copenhagen Card at the airport, we didn't need one. I don't know what currency beyond the DKK was accepted.

It was 409 DKK from the ship to the airport the morning we left. We paid part in cash (we were traveling with another couple) and charged the balance. All Danish Merchants charge a fee for using a credit card--around 1% or so. The cab driver encouraged us to pay as much in cash as we had, so we did.

If you don't have much luggage to wrangle, you could take the bus to the central station and then the train to the airport--will probably take about 40 minutes IF there isn't a huge line waiting for the bus that only runs 3 times an hour and never on the weekend.

The day we arrived at the ship there were 3 ships in port: the Eurodam, the Royal Princess; and the Celebrity Infinity. The road in and out of the port is only one lane in each direction. With the regular port traffic and that generated by the ships' passengers, it was bumper to bumper at 1030 AM. Stayed that way until about 1230 PM. Our cab driver said that it took an hour and a half to get to the airport (took us about 35 minutes).

We had planned to go back into Copenhagen, so we dropped our luggage and walked to the bus stop--there were perhaps 40 people with luggage waiting for the next bus. We figured we weren't going to get on that one and decided to not wait up to 40 minutes for the next one.

• 3 weeks later...

I was planning to get Bus 26 to get to my ship tomorrow and saw this post and got worried.

Bus 26 runs everyday (according to the Copenhagen public transport site and the bus driver I asked today).

Going to the ship should not be a problem. The problem was getting off, because everyone was leaving at the same time. We took a taxi and it took over 1 1/2 hours and cost us $100 us$.

Whether or not bus #26 "officially" runs on the weekends, there is a shuttle bus from the train station in Osterport that runs the bus #26 route (at least between the Osterport station and the UNICEF stop for the Oceankaj berths) with #26 and Cruise Ship Shuttle displayed on its sign. This is something that just recently was added.

I can confirm that it is available though, because I took it to the Eurodam on June 14th. I think it had just been added at that time.