Week after Thankssgiving cruise. Kids?

bannerboxer

We are sailing Nov 30th. The Sunday just after Thanksgiving. I am NOT a kid person, and truly didnt even think of it, when I booked this cruise. I have read that there are a TON of kids on during the week of thanksgiving, but Im hoping that most of them have to go back to school come Monday, so to anyone who has sailed starting that weekend right after Thanksgiving, how have the kid crowds been?

This will be our 4th cruise, and Ive never really noticed too many annoying kids on past cruises but this is our first time cruising near a holidy. we have cruised in Dec, Jan, and Early Nov in the past.

Edited by bannerboxer

We are cruising with some family members the Saturday after Thanksgiving and will have 3 children ages 3 and under in our group... With that being said I expect that there will not being too many children on the cruise, and the majority of those that are there, I expect to be younger than school age..

You should be fine. We went on a cruise that left the Saturday following Thanksgiving and it was the most peaceful cruise we've been on to date and we even had our 15 month old with us.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Awesome to hear!!! Thanks!!!

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Forums mobile app

I've cruised many times during the week after Thanksgiving, and not too many kids are on board. I think its mostly because families will either go during Thanksgiving week or they will wait until the Christmas / Winter break.

What ship are you on? We will be on the Splendor on Nov. 30Th. We sail that time just about every year. Not much Children. But on that note My daughter's family will be with us and she has 3 kids, 12 year old boy then a 6 year old girl, and a 2 year old boy. She homes schools the 12 year old the 6 year old will go to kindergarten so it want matter.

What ship are you on? We will be on the Splendor on Nov. 30Th. We sail that time just about every year. Not much Children. But on that note My daughter's family will be with us and she has 3 kids, 12 year old boy then a 6 year old girl, and a 2 year old boy. She homes schools the 12 year old the 6 year old will go to kindergarten so it want matter.

We r on the breeze.. have fun on Ur cruise!!!

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Forums mobile app

We usually sail the week after Thanksgiving and the difference in the number of kids from the week before is amazing. I asked our waiter and he said they had 400 kids on the Legend, on our week we had 27! The only one I ever saw was in Roatan. The mother and 18-month old were having a ball at the beach. She said it was a great trip because the staff always took the time to stop and visit with them.

We are hoping for the same experience this year. Love our grand kids, but...

We sail that week every year, one of the reasons being the lack of kids. People don't take their kids out of school after they have just had a few days off and with the Christmas break upcoming. Another kid-free time to sail is the beginning of September, with the kids just having had three months of vacation. Prices for cabins and air travel are also very good at these times due to the lack of demand.

I have cruised Thanksgiving week and the week after - both out of Galveston. I consider myself very lucky in that there were a lot of kids but the ship was not overrun by them. MOST were at least decenctly behaved and there were only a few roving packs of misbehaving kids. The week after thanksgiving had a lot less kids but still more than normal for that time of the year - which is to say way less than summer sailings.

Based on these two experiences I would do it again out of Galveston. Florida? No way.

progress.gif