Question About Price Drops?

shaycamp21

We booked a cruise on the Breeze (our first time booking on Carnival) for the end of July on the Summer Promotion (123 Days of Summer I think it was called). I checked on Carnival's site for the same category we have now and there is a significant price drop (over $200). Would we be eligible for the new price and if so how would we go about getting this? We booked directly on Carnival's site and do not have to pay the balance until the end of this month. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks:D

*Usually* only Early Saver is eligible for the price drops but it never hurts to try and ask! You could fill out a Price Protection Form or just call Carnival directly to see what they can do. They might just upgrade you because of the promotion you booked under. Good luck! :D

Only early saver is eligible for price drops AFTER your final payment date. Most any other rate is eligible for price drops up to the final payment date. OP if you see a lower price, you should call for the adjustment. Just be aware that the promo you booked under has that late payment date. If the lower price doesn't come with that feature, your final payment date may become due immediately. Just ask to be sure before you o.k. the rate adjustment. Good luck!

Edited by cruizinisthebest

Only early saver is eligible for price drops AFTER your final payment date. Most any other rate is eligible for price drops up to the final payment date. OP if you see a lower price, you should call for the adjustment. Just be aware that the promo you booked under has that late payment date. If the lower price doesn't come with that feature, your final payment date may become due immediately. Just ask to be sure before you o.k. the rate adjustment. Good luck!

Thank you for this. I did call and at first I was told they couldn't do anything about the price but they did offer me an upgrade. However, I said I wasn't interested because we were happy with the Cove Balcony we had. So then she said wait a minute and she would check if we were eligible for any other promos and came back and said she actually could give it to us at the price I had found for the dummy booking as long as I paid the final balance right away (which was fine since we were only two weeks out from that anyway). This was awesome because we saved a little over $250 for our cabin. I guess it never hurts to call and ask;).