Oasis 6242?

I believe that hump staterooms on Oasis/Allure have a larger balcony than other side-facing staterooms in the same category. It also looks like that stateroom has a connecting door.

Edited by clarea

There aren't any life boats below that cabin from what I can see. Even if there were it would only block your view directly down not out over the balcony.

Take a look at any picture of the portside of Oasis. You're on the first 'hump' from the aft. doesn't look like any life boats below those balconies.

You may have some noise from the schooner bar which looks like its near by.

Edited by SB9

We were in the cabin next to it last month. Fantastic cabin. It is in the hump so the balcony is significantly larger. We had two loungers, two table chairs and a table. You can't see the lifeboats under you because of the extended balcony. It's a great room.

• 2 years later...
This website does not have PM capability enabled.

Ah ha! Thanks for that! I just hope she will see this then :)

Unless someone can confirm that if the deck plans show a black diamond in the room, I can be confident there is a pullman....?

Thanks!

Edited by firstsailor

Ah ha! Thanks for that! I just hope she will see this then :)

Unless someone can confirm that if the deck plans show a black diamond in the room, I can be confident there is a pullman....?

Thanks!

You can be 99.9% confident it will be exactly like 6240, which we have stayed in. It has the pullman above the main bed and a queen(ish) sofa bed by the balcony.

You can be 99.9% confident it will be exactly like 6240, which we have stayed in. It has the pullman above the main bed and a queen(ish) sofa bed by the balcony.

Awesome thanks kruzerci!! Yes! on the deck plans, it shows them as the same so I greatly appreciate it!

Above the main bed??? Weird.... Ok, not that hubs and I need "alone" time with just a curtain separating us from the kids, but that just seems weird.... :confused:

Oh, are there lounge chairs on the balcony?

Any other tips you can provide about that location? We have the beverage package so seems like Schooner Bar will be our most frequented.

Trying to put together "location" cards for the kids with free places to eat and where the soda machines are etc.

I will absorb any other info you wish to provide.

Oh my gosh--- so excited! 30 days from today!!

Awesome thanks kruzerci!! Yes! on the deck plans, it shows them as the same so I greatly appreciate it!

Above the main bed??? Weird.... Ok, not that hubs and I need "alone" time with just a curtain separating us from the kids, but that just seems weird.... :confused:

Oh, are there lounge chairs on the balcony?

Any other tips you can provide about that location? We have the beverage package so seems like Schooner Bar will be our most frequented.

Trying to put together "location" cards for the kids with free places to eat and where the soda machines are etc.

I will absorb any other info you wish to provide.

Oh my gosh--- so excited! 30 days from today!!

You can see our cabin below. Yours will be the mirror image of it. You can see above the main bed where the ceiling pattern is different than the rest of the cabin, that is the pullman bed. Definitely strange that it is above the main bed instead of the sofa, but it is what it is! And yes, two loungers and two regular chairs on the balcony.

http://www.shipcabins.com/popup_cabin.php?ship=Allure%20of%20the%20Seas&cabin=6240

It is so convenient to the boardwalk and Schooner bar! We really enjoyed the location of the room. We have also had rooms on deck 12 and 10 of Oasis and loved that on deck 6, you are close enough to the water to hear the waves crash when you're on the balcony.

I believe that hump staterooms on Oasis/Allure have a larger balcony than other side-facing staterooms in the same category. It also looks like that stateroom has a connecting door.

Hi Bob, how do you know if a cabin has a connecting door? We will be on the Oasis in JS 9242 and I am wondering if that cabin has a connecting door?

Thank you,

Susan

Hi Bob, how do you know if a cabin has a connecting door? We will be on the Oasis in JS 9242 and I am wondering if that cabin has a connecting door?

Thank you,

Susan

See this deck plan of deck 9:

http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/shared_assets/pdf/decks/OA/2016-may/oa_deck09_v2016_may.pdf

If you look at 9240, you see the two-headed arrow symbol connecting to 9236. That two-headed arrow signifies the connecting door.

No connecting door on 9242.

See this deck plan of deck 9:

http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/shared_assets/pdf/decks/OA/2016-may/oa_deck09_v2016_may.pdf

If you look at 9240, you see the two-headed arrow symbol connecting to 9236. That two-headed arrow signifies the connecting door.

No connecting door on 9242.

That is awesome - thank you, Bob!! I did not know what those arrows meant.