On board booking for Brits

Newbury newbie

Took our first cruise on Eclipse last month and enjoyed the experience so much we booked the Equinox Italy/Greek isles for next year (long time to wait!). Having been led to believe we were getting unbeatable incentives for booking on-board we're now finding we've been duped. Firstly, with all the on-board flyers referring to $100 deposit per person we were later told this only applied to US/Canadian citizens and UK people had to pay £150 per person (pretty much twice as much). Secondly, we were expecting a choice of 2 of the 123go options but only got 1. In the end we got a price that included gratuities (so we could go select) the free drinks package (our 123go choice) and $200 OBC as our "incentive".

Now we're home we could get the same cabin for the same price but with a 123go promotion of 2 from 3 options. So, if the $200 OBC was a true on-board incentive I feel like we've been fleeced of another $300 OBC or the free gratuities being taken off our quote.

Does anyone believe we'd have any joy with Celebrity giving us some re-dress on this?

If you contact Celebrity UK, they can 'rebook' the cruise for you and you will get the 2 123go promotions that you choose. The issue being is that if the cruise fare has gone up on the meantime, you will now need to pay any difference (although you do say the cost is the same). It sounds as though you have already paid your gratuities as you chose select dining and so that cost would remain the same. If you rebook, you could chose the drinks package and OBC (you would need to check how much this is). Check the figures and see if this would work for you.

I am just contemplating 'rebooking' a cruise to get the drinks package for our Panama Canal trip. It would cost me £280 extra due to the fare having gone up since I booked but will probably be worth it, hence how I know that Celebrity UK are willing to 'help' people out.

I had a quote from a US TA, and I could have the 123 two options $200 from Celeb, plus $700 from him. This was based on a cruise costing over $8000. It might be worth getting quotes from US TA's, they can book cruises for us Brits.

I don't believe that's quite true. While US TA's can book for Brits they are not supposed to be doing so. Not sure whether they're breaking any laws here (not that I particularly care!). That's why you get such good deals.