Belize Port Shopping Map

snorkel4ever

Does anyone have a Belize Port Shopping map they can share? I've been unsuccessful trying to obtain one that contains names of stores after doing web search. The best one had a map with numbered locations indicated - but didn't name/indicate what the name of the numbered items were... We will have a short period of time to shop after a cave tubing excursion that day, so want to research/short list places to try to find wooden kitchen items/ lencan pottery in advance. Plan to visit the local flea market just outside the port gates if there is time - but are there any stores in the port area that may carry some of these items? Does anyone know if Lencan pottery bowls are kitchen safe to store food items in, or are they purely decorative?

I think there are only a couple of shops in the Tourism Village (the tender pier) with these items. There's a Made in Belize store. Maybe a couple of others. But you can walk one end of the pier to the other in under 5 minutes. Better value is across the street IMO. When you alight from your excursion bus, van, taxi. Just head there first. Then go into the Tourism Village and the shopping there if you have time.

If someone has scanned their ship's shopping guide, that'll be a start. But it will probably contain only the cruise line endorsed stores like Diamonds International. Also, you ship will most likely distribute a shopping guide for each of your ports the night before arrival. Takes less than a minute to scan over and you can take it with you and review on the ride back to the Tourism Village, assuming it has a decent listing of all the shops. You'll also then know which terminal your tender will depart from, giving you a better sense of which direction to go.

I'm not sure I'd use a Lenca pottery bowl to cook in. But I also thought these were only made in Honduras, where Lenca culture is still present.

Edited by crewsweeper

Thanks so much for map! This is very close to map I had viewed before - but your version has the legend! I'm also using your recommendation for BZ cave tubing and have booked for our cruise in August. Your detailed info about excursion was so helpful.

Thanks so much for map! This is very close to map I had viewed before - but your version has the legend! I'm also using your recommendation for BZ cave tubing and have booked for our cruise in August. Your detailed info about excursion was so helpful.

I hope you have a wonderful time cave tubing. We think .bz was amazing both times. :)