Night Before and Day After Cruise

pdreams

Leaving on a cruise out of Miami 7/18. I just want to make sure that I am understanding what I have been reading on here correctly. So it seems like it's more expensive to stay closer to the port instead of near the airport. We arrive in Miami at 6:30p on 7/17 which doesn't leave use with a lot of time to do much in the city besides eat. So does anyone have a suggestion on where to stay? Any good places to eat near airport?

Ship returns on 7/21 early in the morning and we leave on 7/22 at 6:30a and we would like to do some things on the 21st since we have the whole day. Any suggestions on where to stay that day as well?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've only stayed at hotels close to MIA and they were all fine. I typically rent a car to go get stuff and be less bored. Afterwards I would either return the car back to the airport and take a cab to the POM or if the hotel has a shuttle I would return the car the night before and take the shuttle from the hotel.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Leaving on a cruise out of Miami 7/18. I just want to make sure that I am understanding what I have been reading on here correctly. So it seems like it's more expensive to stay closer to the port instead of near the airport. We arrive in Miami at 6:30p on 7/17 which doesn't leave use with a lot of time to do much in the city besides eat. So does anyone have a suggestion on where to stay? Any good places to eat near airport?

Ship returns on 7/21 early in the morning and we leave on 7/22 at 6:30a and we would like to do some things on the 21st since we have the whole day. Any suggestions on where to stay that day as well?

Fly in, take a cab for around $25 to B2 Miami or the Intercontinental downtown. Diner at the B2's Tavern or at Intercontinental's Toro Toro. Or across the street/park at Bayside.

Jul 17, 2014 to Jul 18, 2014 - 2 Adults

B2 Miami Downtown

Standard - 1 Bed $87 + $12 taxes/fees $99

Bay View - 1 Bed $109 + $15 taxes/fees $124

InterContinental Miami

Standard - 1 Bed $122 + $16 taxes/fees $138

Cab to PoM on the day of your cruise. No shuttles at the hotels.

On return, cab to a car rental and rent a one way for a day. Go mall shopping, visit a park, take the 3hr drive to Key West, visit the Everglades, etc etc. ;)

Try a South Beach hotel for the night, use the rental for your drive to the airport.

Perhaps other can finetune it some more. :)

From the above you can see that downtown hotels will be cheap in July -- unless you can get a dirt cheap deal on one of the hotels in the Blue Lagoon area near MIA (with shopping and dining within walking distance) look to stay downtown. Besides those downtown hotels suggested above check the Hampton Inn Mary Brickell, Doubletree, Marriott, and Hyatt.

Post cruise I would taxi to South Beach (from POM about $15) and stay there - the heat elsewhere will be brutal. Enjoy the beach, dining, nightlife etc. and then arrange for an early taxi to MIA (about $32+tip from SB).

Skip Key West - it is a 3.5-4+ hour drive each way; 8 hours in a rental car is not how I would choose to spend my last day of vacation.