Transportation Whittier to Anchorage

bravestwj

I am sitting on an Alaska Bus Connection van as I write this. Do not ever take this company for transportation!

We are a pretty large party (12 people with luggage). We booked a private can with a trailer for luggage. We called to find them this morning and were told to go outside. We waited in the cold for 30 minutes to find out that our van with trailer left without us. They were supposed to pick us up at 8:45 and we were out waiting at 8:30ish because they told us our van was there.

We are now piled in the van with 1/2 of our luggage. The rest of our luggage is on another shuttle. We are to arrive at the airport in an hour and hopefully be reunited with our luggage.

This is the worst transportation service I have ever used.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by bravestwj

Ouch! And to think I was miffed when I couldn't find our bus because the company had changed names. Did whoever was in the terminal not tell you which spot number to go find? Or was there just no one in the terminal, and you called a central number, so there wasn't anyone on the ground coordinating things?

We also booked the Alaska Bus Connection (ABC) and were instructed somebody with a sign would be in the Whittier Princess terminal at 8.45. We were there at 8.10. Nobody had showed by 9.00 so we tried ringing them more than once but only got an answer phone message. By 9.30 we were in a bit of a panic. Still no one turned up.

Luckerly we managed to get a lift with the Park Connection Bus (very grateful for their help).

When we got to Anchorage we checked our E-mails to find that they sent one at 8.25 to tell us no one would be turning up and to try and find another bus, they would refund our money. After a week we have not received it yet.

I would not / never use this company again.

It was our only bad experience in our whole trip.

Ouch! And to think I was miffed when I couldn't find our bus because the company had changed names. Did whoever was in the terminal not tell you which spot number to go find? Or was there just no one in the terminal, and you called a central number, so there wasn't anyone on the ground coordinating things?

Nobody in the terminal coordinating. Person on the phone just said to go outside. Their mini-bus and van were not marked with the name of the company, ABC, they had a different name on them.

We also booked the Alaska Bus Connection (ABC) and were instructed somebody with a sign would be in the Whittier Princess terminal at 8.45. We were there at 8.10. Nobody had showed by 9.00 so we tried ringing them more than once but only got an answer phone message. By 9.30 we were in a bit of a panic. Still no one turned up.

Luckerly we managed to get a lift with the Park Connection Bus (very grateful for their help).

When we got to Anchorage we checked our E-mails to find that they sent one at 8.25 to tell us no one would be turning up and to try and find another bus, they would refund our money. After a week we have not received it yet.

I would not / never use this company again.

It was our only bad experience in our whole trip.

This was our only bad experience with "tours" on our own as well. Got to warn others not to book with this "company".