MDR Seating on B2B Sailings

In August, we'll be taking our first B2B on the Carnival Legend.

On our two previous B2Bs on RCI, we were seated with the same folks in the MDR for the duration (which we liked).

Is it customary for Carnival to seat the same B2B PAX on both legs?

Interesting question. I'm interested to know about "assigned" also.

On our B2B we chose anytime dining for both cruises.

On the final night the maitre'd stopped and asked us if we wanted to choose early or late or anytime for the final cruise. We said we wanted anytime as confirmed on our reservation.

Even though you choose anytime - they seem to have you in a "designated" section with the same wait team. For us it would have changed to a different area of the dining room. We continued to ask for the same wait staff and once or twice took a pager so that we could wait until a table was available in their section.

Not sure that this info helps you, but I would wildly guess that if our anytime would have been in two different areas, that the reservations scramble cruise to cruise.

As you might know, if you find cruisemates on cruise one that you enjoy - you can work with the maitre'd to seat you together throughout cruise two.

Enjoy!!

I don't think it's guaranteed that you will have the same table for B2B cruises. When we did a B2B in November on the Sensation, we were assigned to a different table the second cruise. It was ok since we totally enjoyed our new table mates, but we would have preferred to keep our table and waitstaff from the first cruise.:(

From my experience, it is not guaranteed.

I did a b2b in June 2012 and another in June 2013. Both times I went to the Maitre d on the second night of the first cruise and requested the same table. Both times I was told it was not possible because the table I had was pre-assignment by someone in Miami. In June 2013 the Maitre d did return to my table the following night saying he made a phone call and arranged for me to have the same table.

Edited by rcoaster809

I don't think it's guaranteed that you will have the same table for B2B cruises. When we did a B2B in November on the Sensation, we were assigned to a different table the second cruise. It was ok since we totally enjoyed our new table mates, but we would have preferred to keep our table and waitstaff from the first cruise.:(

What we did was to see the MD toward the end of leg 1 and ask for the same waitstaff for leg 2. No problem. The only difference, was that the table was 2 over from our first table, but the same staff and same excellent service.