Just Back From 3 Days On Disney Dream

drychi

What night was the fire works? I assume it was the Sea Day Night ???

On a three night cruise there isn't a sea day but you are at sea at night, search online for DCL Navigators and they will tell you what night pirate night is that's when the fireworks are put up. Often the middle night so one you have a second chance to fire them if the weather was bad and most cruisers are packing last night.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by DISNEY FANTASY

On a three night cruise there isn't a sea day but you are at sea at night, search online for DCL Navigators and they will tell you what night pirate night is that's when the fireworks are put up. Often the middle night so one you have a second chance to fire them if the weather was bad and most cruisers are packing last night.

Pirate night it is. Thanks.

I do have a sea day. We are only going to Castaway Cay. We leave on a Friday, where Saturday is a sea day, Sunday is Castaway Cay, then back to

Port C Monday....

Can you pls explain what you mean about the magnetic strip Card for the door - I am clueless as to what that even is. Thanks

There is a card holder mounted near the door, if there isn't a room card (or other card with a magnetic strip (a library card will do) you can't turn on the AC or lights in the cabin. It's an energy conserving feature that you'll also find in many European hotels and some US hotels.

Thanks for the info about the card. So, is there an advantage/disadvantage to using the room card or is a different card better?

The only thing is you bypass the energy saving

If you leave the room, you need your card with you, to get back in, to get off in port, to charge on. So some people put another card in that slot to keep it all on, keep air con on or their batteries for cameras charging.

Any card will do, but energy saving is there for a good reason.

Edited by DISNEY FANTASY

I agree that it was more convenient for my wife and I to use a seldom used card that we brought for that purpose so we could keep our stateroom keys with us as we enjoyed the ship and it's activities.

• 2 weeks later...

I just noticed a thread on officer trading pins with passengers. I should have mentioned this in my original review. I took my grandson to do this as he had been very interested in the pins while we were in Walt Disney World prior to the cruise. The event was fun for him and he was excited by the pins that he received because he got them from officers of the ship. He also got to meet and have his picture taken with the Captain of the Disney Dream. You might want to put this down as something to do with your child. Our event was held on the last evening of the 3 day cruise. Happy Cruising.