Photo review | MSC Fantasia June 1st 2014 Venice

Elmartellama

• 1 month later...
I really cant say this enough, this is one of the most enjoyable and informative reviews I've ever read on here and I so look forward to your next instalment.

Coming across people like you and your partner and your take on life, is one of the reasons I'm so hooked on travelling around this amazing world of ours. I'd have loved to have met you in person but I'm getting to know you through this amazing review.

I am so enjoying your review... have to go out for a bit but looking forward to reading the rest when I get back. It is informative with lots of descriptions. I am glad you chose the photos and didnt just upload every single photo that was available. There is just enough photos and they are of quality not quantity. Well done.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi. I've been posting about Palma, on a thread you found. From there, I decided to check out your cruise review, as we are going to Venice, Santorini, Athens and Dubrovnik at the end of September. Your review and pictures are great. I was laughing as I skimmed the first part, looking at how you plan, reading that you pick inside cabins, and that you're the first person on a tender. All that reminded me so much of myself.

I realized with a start that cruise ships go up the Giudecca Canal in Venice, not below there and then up into Maritima (I think, anyway). I thought only small cruise ships did that, but apparently that's not the case?

You have some great Santorini pictures. We've been there before, but we're looking forward to revisiting beautiful Oia. We're supposedly the only ship there the day we visit, and I've got my fingers crossed for a quieter experience than some people get. Venice, however, I'm sure will be a madhouse. As for Athens, I am on the fence as to what to do, as we were there for a day before and did the basics. However, your pictures are making me think I should reconsider a trip to the Parthenon. We only looked at it from afar when we were in Athens some time ago. We'll see...

Dubrovnik - whew! I just looked to make sure we dock at Gruz, not tender.

Anyway, just wanted to say thanks for the review, and especially the pictures. Hope you have many more great cruise adventures.

Thank you! This June we're going to the Fjords, really looking forward to it!

As for Venice, at least last year all cruises sailed the same route. It might change in the future, but I think right now still works the same way as last year.

We had a quiet day in Santorini actually, no fuss whatsoever! But I reckon we were lucky. And loved Dubrovnik even if it was way to rushed.

I would definitely visit the Acropolis and the Agora in Athens, it's something really unique and meaningful. It's just where the western civilization really started, to us it was just so beautiful. Plus the light was amazing there!

Edited by Elmartellama

WE are also sailing the Fjords on MSC Orchestra in June.

When I want a fix for the places we have already been I flick through your pictures again. It brings back many happy memories.

Well done on such a fantastic review I'll certainly be watching out for the Fjords review in June.

Edited by Janet&Carl

I have enjoyed reading your review immensely. Thank you for taking the time :)

Your command of the English language is outstanding! Do you mind if I ask your nationality - I noticed your spreadsheet isn't in Spanish?

Thanks again

Thank you. I'm Spanish, the spreadsheet is in Catalan though.

Catalan is spoken in the eastern part of the Iberian peninsula and the Balearic Islands (plus a tiny part of Sardinia). it's a Latin language just the same as Spanish, an co-official in the territories where it's spoken.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catalan_language

We are born and raised bilinguals, but my mother tongue is Catalan.

1024px-Extensi%C3%B3_de_la_llengua_catalana_als_Pa%C3%AFsos_Catalans.png

Thank you

@plan B: Spanish and Catalan are quite similar when written. The main differences are about phonetics. Same goes with French and Spanish. Italian on the other hand sounds more like Spanish, but have more lexical similarities with Catalan :D

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...