Jewel Class - Mini Suite Category MX vs. MB

kroozin'

Wondering what is the diff between mini suite category MX vs. MB on the Jewel Class ships?... size? - doesn't appears so on the deck plans. What warrants the different category distinction?

For example, what's different between cabin 11636 vs. 11634?.. and 11136 vs. 11134? I know the balconies are bigger for 11636/11136 - but anything else different?

Can anyone who has stayed in 11636/11136 please let me know if there is anything less appealing about these cabins compared to 11634/11134? I have opportunity to book 11636 and I really like the look of the bigger balcony - but just wondering if there's anything negative about this cabin comparatively.

Thanks!

I wouldn't do a guaranty on a minisuite. If you are under uncarpeted area you can hear noise from above. We had friends in 11100ish and they heard carts rolling overhead all hours of the day and night.

Also be aware of the large overhang from the deck above the mid-ship mini suite cabins; this will completely shade your balcony. Look at some close up photos of the Jewel/Gem/Pearl or Jade to see this.

If you are under uncarpeted area you can hear noise from above. We had friends in 11100ish and they heard carts rolling overhead all hours of the day and night.

We're actually booked in 11104 - 11108 below Garden Cafe - Were your friends in a similar location?

Thanks!

Edited by kabbie

The MX are actually the biggest Mini-suites for balcony size.

But you usually won't get to book them directly only a GTY, so you may end up with any mini-suite (or above).

Yep, I know its rare to see a specific MX mini available - but I did actually see #11636 available and now have it on hold. So I'm assuming balcony size is the only difference between MX/MB?.. the interior is identical?

Anyone who has stayed in 11636 or 11136 and could kindly share their cabin experience/pics would be SO appreciated! :)

We had friends in 11100ish and they heard carts rolling overhead all hours of the day and night.

We were on 11100 and 11104 on Pearl in 2011 and didn't hear a thing (at least "all hours of the day and night") - I specifically had chosen the location so that would be mostly under the tables area in Garden Café, and not so much under the tiled walkways.

Edited by Demonyte

Yep' date=' I know its rare to see a specific MX mini available - but I did actually see #11636 available and now have it on hold. So I'm assuming balcony size is the only difference between MX/MB?.. the interior is identical?

Anyone who has stayed in 11636 or 11136 and could kindly share their cabin experience/pics would be SO appreciated! :)[/quote']

Only difference is the size of the balcony.

• 4 weeks later...

We've stayed in 11136 on both the Pearl and Jade and the balcony is bigger, 4 of us were able to be on the balcony comfortably. I just booked 11136 on the Jewel for next August, might as well get the big balcony if you can. That room is under the Garden Cafe and we never heard any noise from above.