Lightweight Tuxedo Shoes - Help!

kcl

I am posting this request for my husband. We cruise infrequently, but he takes his tuxedo for formal nights. In January we will be on our longest cruise - 10 days on Brilliance Panama Canal partial transit (1/13/06) - and, with no self service laundry on RC ships, we will have to pack extra clothes. The dress shoes he wears with his tuxedo are heavy and take up a lot of valuable space. He'd like to get a pair of lightweight shoes appropriate for wear with his tux. We've done internet searches but have only come up with very expensive lightweight shoes - like $150-$200 a pair on formal wear websites. Does anyone have any suggestions? I know CC forum members are a good source of information - we've benefitted from your advise in the past!! Thanks in advance.

Check out ballroom dance shoes. They have a suede sole and so they are very lightweight any easy to pack. You should be able to find a pair that are suitable for a tux for under $100 with a little shopping around.

try dance4less.com, but there are tons of websites.

Hi, on all our cruises instead of packing his tux and shoes, my husband and OUr other travel couple always rent one onboard. It is in your cabin when you arrive with 2 shirts and you leave it or they pick it up before you leave. Much, much easier and less hassle. The tuxedos always look nice and fit perfectly. Leaves you more room for other "stuff".

Bob has decided that renting the formal shoes is the way to go. It's worth $12 to not have to lug heavy shoes that he will only wear a few times on the ship. We appreciate your assistance.

• 2 months later...

Archived