Celebrity Credit Card for Australians ... ?

I know I am probably dreaming but ....

I understand in the USA Celebrity have a branded Visa Card.

I was wondering if given the explosion in the Cruise Market Downunder,

Celebrity have partnership with a Bank or Credit Card that would allow

us to accrue points or rewards ....

Just a query - assume I aint breaching the CC advertising guidelines -

strikes me probably a case of us Aussie missing out again:(

downundermatt Celebrity Credit Card for Australians ... ?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know I am probably dreaming but ....

I understand in the USA Celebrity have a branded Visa Card.

I was wondering if given the explosion in the Cruise Market Downunder,

Celebrity have partnership with a Bank or Credit Card that would allow

us to accrue points or rewards ....

Just a query - assume I aint breaching the CC advertising guidelines -

strikes me probably a case of us Aussie missing out again

I doubt it. The small print would probably limit it to US only....and you would probably have to convert all transaction to US dollars. ..could work out very expensive with exchange rates and fees .

Rather than Aussies missing out again , it could be a case of Aussies saving mega bucks by not having one.

I know how you feel....when you talk to the others from the USA and they say "the flight was going to be more than the cost of the cruise...but we used our points" and you look at the schemes we are in, you wonder if the US obsession with accruing loyalty rewards has some merit.

I presume that nearly all loyalty points credit cards have a hefty annual fee, as the ones I have looked at here all seem to have a fee. I use my flybuys card and we get a $100 credit every year or so. Any card that has a fee I usually add up the benefits and I just can't see where I would be able to use a credit card to spend thousands every month in my life. If you can see yourself spending that much, maybe another card available here would be worth the annual fee to get flights or something?

Maybe another CC poster will have an aussie solution to getting you sending for loyalty points that is worth doing! Anyone got some good ideas?

I know how you feel....when you talk to the others from the USA and they say "the flight was going to be more than the cost of the cruise...but we used our points" and you look at the schemes we are in, you wonder if the US obsession with accruing loyalty rewards has some merit.

I presume that nearly all loyalty points credit cards have a hefty annual fee, as the ones I have looked at here all seem to have a fee. I use my flybuys card and we get a $100 credit every year or so. Any card that has a fee I usually add up the benefits and I just can't see where I would be able to use a credit card to spend thousands every month in my life. If you can see yourself spending that much, maybe another card available here would be worth the annual fee to get flights or something?

Maybe another CC poster will have an aussie solution to getting you sending for loyalty points that is worth doing! Anyone got some good ideas?

The only travel point system (that is reasonably decent) is with Frequent flyers points and they is being watered down constantly.

If you had a Credit card that accrues points and used that for absolutley everything (generally private businesses with huge turnovers do best) then you can get free flights everywhere and save some mega dollars. Most of us are not in that position (unless you use the churning loophole) so it is but a dream.:D

Edited by MicCanberra