Have you booked a single in a quad cove balcony cabin?

63galaxie

Our PVP says booking a single person in a quad Cove cabin just doesn't happen, even closer to sailing date. We want it because we have one cabin booked and the other cabins on either side are both quads (we need two cabins next to each other).

Have you ever been successful at doing this? I'm checking for openings several times a day. We sail July 27th.

Being that you "need" two cabins next to each other - is it a child you're booking solo? Then why not book the three of you in one cabin. If it's an adult, then I'm sure you'll all be fine with them booking a double a few doors down.

I would doubt that happens; the cruiseline wants to maximize revenue. In booking a quad cabin with only one guest they immediately lose 75% potential revenue.... and the cabin steward loses 3/4 of the potential grat on that cabin.

Being that you "need" two cabins next to each other - is it a child you're booking solo? Then why not book the three of you in one cabin. If it's an adult, then I'm sure you'll all be fine with them booking a double a few doors down.

That was my thought too;) Does that solo have any idea of how much that balcony will cost as a solo? Maybe book a lesser cabin nearby and just spend time with each other.

Since you are going to have to pay double anyway why not try and book it with 2 people and just have the 1 be a no show.

It pretty unlikely that they will let a single book a quad, but they might let 2 people take it.

The need for two single cabins is because I snore and dh is an insomniac.

That's why we chose Carnival. I booked one single supplement and

Waited until payday to book the other, but, according to our PVP, the single supplement sale only lasted a few days, rather than the usual week.

And for those who are wondering, we've tried ear plugs, fans, and

Sleep machines and I have a sleep apnea machine. He still can't get

Any sleep when I'm in the cabin snoring (sad, but true).

Also, there aren't any doubles nearby that haven't been booked.

And, it's actually cheaper to book a single inside ($900 currently) than to book for two and then have a no show ($1100).

We're grateful we have the one cove balcony booked in a quiet location, and we've decided to take a gamble and hope that we'll snag an inside on a price drop the last week before we sail. If not, we'll take whatever is available at the last minute since it will only be used for sleeping.

And, if all the cabins are gone. Maybe I'll try sleeping on the Serenity deck-lol!

Thanks for everyone's input.

Since you are going to have to pay double anyway why not try and book it with 2 people and just have the 1 be a no show.

It pretty unlikely that they will let a single book a quad, but they might let 2 people take it.

I asked the PVP that question, and she said that's not likely to happen. But, I'm checking several times a day by doing dummy bookings with various numbers of people in the cabin.

Thanks for the suggestion.

can't help with booking BUT, I thought I was the only person in the universe who can NOT sleep in the same room with another person.

FYI, please make sure you don't have sleep apnea, not always a cause of snoring, but good to know if you stop breathing during the night

CPAP masks aren't exactly sexy though :-)

can't help with booking BUT, I thought I was the only person in the universe who can NOT sleep in the same room with another person.

FYI, please make sure you don't have sleep apnea, not always a cause of snoring, but good to know if you stop breathing during the night

CPAP masks aren't exactly sexy though :-)

Actually, I saw a special on tv about how many folks have separate

Bedrooms. I think it was about 40% of Americans.

And, I do have apnea and a CPAP.

I have nothing to add on the dilemma but if my wife would let me I would sleep in another room. She drives me NUTS during the night. Flip, Flop, snore, groan, moan, kick, punch.....gar...

LOL! I have a husband like that.

To op....

My dh has sleep apnea too.....he snored horribly even using the machine. We then brought the machine back to have a medical equipment place look at it, got a much better fitting mask and had it recallibrated. Much better!!

If you still snore while you use your machine, then it is not doing its job correctly....putting you at risk. Best wishes, I know what a struggle it can be.