Snorkeling on 7MB

dng6325

Hello all,

We'll be on GC for a day in August and were wondering if there is any good spot to snorkel for kids. I understand that sandy beaches do not equate marine life, but one of my little ones only wants to play in the sand. My other kid who wants to snorkel is not a particularly strong swimmer, so a place close to shore is probably needed. I have heard that the water across the Marriott has reef balls which make for a more abundant marine life. Is it true? If we don't stay at the Marriott, are we allowed to settle on their beach and snorkel there?

Thank you in advance for any advice.

Close to shore won't have much to look at, but the occassional fish may swim by! The water is so clear, you really don't need to even put your face in the water...just stand there, and look!

All of the beaches are public, so you don't HAVE to stay at any hotel....there are chair/umbrella rentals everywhere, and even watersport rentals! Restrooms are up and down the beach, and there are restaurant/bars, too! No need of a hotel!