Riviera vs. Marina Best Food

sailorgirl

Riviera won the Cruise Critic best food in mid size category but also I see they got the most points (5) in all three categories of ship size. Marina not mentioned. Makes me wonder why. Any reason for that?

I don't know if these polls are useless, but DO I know I'm on Cruise Critic a lot but have never voted in a poll. However, if I had I would have rated Marina really high on many counts, including the food. I haven't been on Riviera, but assume the food there is pretty much like Marina's.

They are largely useless because there is nothing scientific about the sampling.

When you see cruise ratings (hotel ratings etc) you have no idea about the people who are voting and neither do the people who run these polls. No one would spend the money to make it meaningful.

Well, it's like everything else when you're searching for a good doctor, plumber, travel agent, cruise line, whatever: Rely on recommendations from people you know if you can get them; if not, take online reviews and polls with a grain of salt and do the best you can to determine which one should pick!

I can't even remember what originally got us to try Oceania some years ago (NOT anyone we know, as few of our friends cruise) but I doubt it was a poll or review or anything like that. However, I still think those things are somewhat useful in at least narrowing the field! Besides, they're fun to look at once in a while!