Variety Cruises?

Cruise Junky

I guess we "kind of" had some experience. But, this was a few years ago when the company was called Zeus Cruises (now part of Variety). At the time, I believe the company was privately owned by a wealthy Greek gentleman in Pireaus (we met his son) who had a partner in New York. But times change and so has the company so we have lost track of the ownership.

We actually booked a week cruise in the Ionian islands on the Zeus II which was a 40 person yacht. We were to meet the boat in Corfu and DW and I went on our own since we were traveling in Italy for a few weeks prior to the cruise. We took an overnight ferry from Brindisi to Corfu and when we walked off the ferry we quickly spotted the Zeus II. So we get to yacht (which was pretty nice) where they told us that they had overbooked for that week and had chartered a smaller Yacht called Sea Crown which held 20 passengers with a crew of 7. We went on that Sea Crown (we had 10 Germans, 8 Dutch, and we 2 Americans) for a week and had a fantastic time. Personally, we would be willing to book a cruise with Variety, but I cannot recommend them since we cannot be certain about their current management.

We think you should repost your original question under the Cruise Lines/Other Cruise Lines Forum here on CC. We did see somebody asking about Variety a year or two ago, so there might be some response on that board.

Hank