Would you switch to early saver?

gobux

We are booked on the Valor in December using the past guest rate. I wanted to switch to early saver so we can get any discounts that happen after final payment. However, the early saver is and has been more money than I paid. Right now the early saver is a little over $60 more for the 2 of us.

Have you ever paid more to get the early saver?

Just remember you can still get price drops on Past Guest, but only until final payment... I would wait and maybe the Past Guest rate will end up being higher than Early Saver.

We went in April and the rate difference was never an issue.

Enjoy, it is a great ship and crew!!!:cool:

I had a quick question I am new to the cruise scene I will be going on Carnival Imagination and I already paid in full. If the price of the cruise drop am I entitled to get OBC for the amount difference?

Edited by CinnaFox

We are booked on the Valor in December using the past guest rate. I wanted to switch to early saver so we can get any discounts that happen after final payment. However, the early saver is and has been more money than I paid. Right now the early saver is a little over $60 more for the 2 of us.

Gobux - I had a different experience with the Valor. We went in March. I usually get Past Guest but it was not available when I booked. In fact, it never became available, probably b/c I booked so late. We ultimately upgraded ourselves to an aft balcony, but initially we had a balcony for 2 people on Upper or Empress for about 700-ish each. I was trying to get my friend & her husband to come along b/c right before we sailed, balconies were going for $439 pp. This was March 16 which is spring break pricing.

I'm not sure what December pricing is like, especially if it is around the holidays. In my situation, I would have saved a ton of money had I been able to get ES b/c prices were falling.

I had a quick question I am new to the cruise scene I will be going on Carnival Imagination and I already paid in full. If the price of the cruise drop am I entitled to get OBC for the amount difference?

Only until the final payment date. After that date, only if you booked Early Saver.

If you booked early saver you can get price drops until two days before your cruise if it's the same catergory or higher, welcome to cruising :)

That would depend under what rate you booked and when your sail date is.

You should switch to the ES rate, then immediately submit the form to match to the current Past Guest lower price. Best of both worlds!

I have done this in the past, though the Carnival rep thought I was crazy for switching to a higher priced rate! But, there was a method to my madness and it did pay off with several price drops after final payment.

Good luck!

Jenn :)

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hijack time:

How would I be able to tell what I booked under?

I do not believe it shows this info on your paperwork or even on your confirmation email. I did not know what rate I booked a few months ago but knew I booked under some goofy sale they had. I had to call & ask them to pull up my reservation to see what rate I booked under and what the rules were.

When I book under ES normally, it doesn't show that either. I just know it b/c I book so far in advance.

Gobux - I had a different experience with the Valor. We went in March. I usually get Past Guest but it was not available when I booked. In fact, it never became available, probably b/c I booked so late. We ultimately upgraded ourselves to an aft balcony, but initially we had a balcony for 2 people on Upper or Empress for about 700-ish each. I was trying to get my friend & her husband to come along b/c right before we sailed, balconies were going for $439 pp. This was March 16 which is spring break pricing.

I'm not sure what December pricing is like, especially if it is around the holidays. In my situation, I would have saved a ton of money had I been able to get ES b/c prices were falling.

That is what I am wondering. If it is worth a little more now to be able to get the savings later. It is a gamble.

You should switch to the ES rate, then immediately submit the form to match to the current Past Guest lower price. Best of both worlds!

I have done this in the past, though the Carnival rep thought I was crazy for switching to a higher priced rate! But, there was a method to my madness and it did pay off with several price drops after final payment.

Good luck!

Jenn :)

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks, Jenn. Problem is my rate is from last December when I booked. The current past guest rate is much higher than early saver.