Room service?

soulpony

Just wondering about what to expect from room service, variety/quality?

Enjoyed the quick service aboard Carnaival's ship's in the past.

Sailing on MS MAASDAM Oct 30 out of Norfolk.

Interested in past experiences.

soulpony

Carnival Fascination 10/98

Carnival Paradise 9/03

Just basic information. Aboard the Paradise wife and I always started the day w/ carafe of coffee and breakfast breads. An occasional sandwich in the evening. The menu was limited but tasty.

That is the same on HAL. The room service menu for breakfast is a bit limited, but generally you can't go wrong with the pastries, fresh fruits and coffee. They even have cheese omelettes for the brave at hearticon_smile.gif

The sandwiches and salads I have ordered were also very good. Yhe only disappointment is the cheese plate, you might want to order a couple and ask for rolls with it as they served it with saltines!

Happy Cruising!

7/04 Ryndam Alaska B2B

12/04 Rotterdam Panama Canal

7/05 Prinsendam Baltic

11/05 "Veendammers" Carribean

RCCL x2(1999), Volendam (2000), Millinneum (2000), Veendam (2001), Disney (2001), Statendam (2003), Amsterdam (2003)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by localady:

That is the same on HAL. The room service menu for breakfast is a bit limited, but generally you can't go wrong with the pastries, fresh fruits and coffee. They even have cheese omelettes for the brave at hearticon_smile.gif...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The breakfast room service choices include a variety of juices, fruit, breads, cereals, eggs, meats (bacon & sausage). Also coffee, tea, assorted milk, yogurt... We've always had it delivered at the requested time or a bit earlier. I generally order scrambled eggs which arrive at a suitable temperature so I'd think omelets would be ok also.

We've never tried room service at other times.

Jemima-

You are absolutely correct! What I should have said is that you selection is a bit more limited with room service, vs. the lido (fresh OJ and omelettes cooked fresh to order) or the dining room (eggs benedict). There is a large number of items to order with room service including lox and bagels for those so inclined!

Happy Cruising!

7/04 Ryndam Alaska B2B

12/04 Rotterdam Panama Canal

7/05 Prinsendam Baltic

11/05 "Veendammers" Carribean

RCCL x2(1999), Volendam (2000), Millinneum (2000), Veendam (2001), Disney (2001), Statendam (2003), Amsterdam (2003)

During the times that the dining room is open in the evening, you can also order from the dinner menu. Delivery is prompt and the food is hot. The Club sandwich and the chocolate cake on the regular room service menu are both super.

Nancy

They also have cheeseburgers, chicken breast sandwiches, steak sandwich, egg, chicken, and tuna salad sandwiches. I think they have a good selection and it always arrives hot or cold whichever the case may be..jean

Archived