Guest Vacation Documents?

what exactly are these? We leave in 22 days and it says we have elected to receive electronically but they are not ready...

I have almost completed the online check in, I just need to put passport numbers...

Help?

If you have a cruise brochure, then all the same info is in both....tells about your "cruise contract"..(yes...read it...it's sort of scary!)...dress codes, tips, excursions, etc...

You should read it, but you need NOT print it and bring it. You really only need your money and IDs to get on the ship. Most will print their online setsail pass...but you don't actually NEED that, either.

I agree, it's mostly repetitive of other things you've read, but I feel better when I read them. A little odd they haven't loaded this close to sail.

NOTE Did you book any airport transfers or hotels through RCI? If yes, when edocs are available, be sure to open, find and print those pages. (Unless they have changed things since I last sailed with an RCI transfer--I never found the transfer scoop in the planner like an excursion, specialty meal reservation, etc.--as it turned out, the transfer details were buried in those docs!)

Also, don't forget that they will shut down your online access several days before you cruise, so don't wait to the last minute to print your boarding pass, etc.!

Bon voyage!

Sent from my iPad using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Electronic cruise docs are usually issued at the 49 day mark if final payment has been made and the online check-in is complete. You will need to print out the Set Sail Pass and if you have transfers you will need the transfer vouchers that are in the Electronic Ticket Booklet. Also, you will need to print luggage tags, unless you are in a suite. In that case once the ticket booklet has been issued you can order the luggage tags mailed to you.

I would check on Monday and find out why the Electronic Ticket booklet has not been issued. We had a problem a while back and the docs were delayed. We used Choice Air and there was a schedule change and the air tickets had to be reissued. They held up the electronic ticket booklet until the air issue was settled. Choice Air forgot to release the booking after they reissued the tickets. The TA was on the phone with Choice Air and reservations for about a week. They each blamed the other for not releasing the electronic ticket booklet. We needed it because of the transfer coupons. Once the TA got resolutions involved, they issued the booklet the next day - about 18 days later than it should have been.

what exactly are these? We leave in 22 days and it says we have elected to receive electronically but they are not ready...

I have almost completed the online check in, I just need to put passport numbers...

Help?

I think the answer to why you can't print your docs yet is right there in your question. You are not yet done with the online check in. You need to complete the check in first. THEN you can try to print the Seapass, luggage tags and other docs.

^ Interesting...I didn't think completion of required boarding documents was a prerequisite to receiving the guest information booklet.

Sent from my iPad using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

^ Interesting...I didn't think completion of required boarding documents was a prerequisite to receiving the guest information booklet.

I agree, I believe the only requirement to receiving edocs is to have paid in full.

They've printed about 49 days out in the past. Not this time. Maybe it's the computer system that everyone has complained about. Hoping to get email next week says they're ready to print. Already printed setsail pass.

I'd give them a call if your edocs are not ready in a week or so. Could be something messed uu in your booking. I do know that having Choice Air on a booking can cause the edocs to be delayed.

Electronic cruise docs are usually issued at the 49 day mark if final payment has been made and the online check-in is complete. You will need to print out the Set Sail Pass and if you have transfers you will need the transfer vouchers that are in the Electronic Ticket Booklet. Also, you will need to print luggage tags, unless you are in a suite. In that case once the ticket booklet has been issued you can order the luggage tags mailed to you.

I would check on Monday and find out why the Electronic Ticket booklet has not been issued. We had a problem a while back and the docs were delayed. We used Choice Air and there was a schedule change and the air tickets had to be reissued. They held up the electronic ticket booklet until the air issue was settled. Choice Air forgot to release the booking after they reissued the tickets. The TA was on the phone with Choice Air and reservations for about a week. They each blamed the other for not releasing the electronic ticket booklet. We needed it because of the transfer coupons. Once the TA got resolutions involved, they issued the booklet the next day - about 18 days later than it should have been.

I was told yesterday if you are using Choice Air your Documents will not be released until 2 weeks before your cruise. However after talking to C&A my documents were released at 27 days out. Also got a free upgrade from JS to GS.