Good location for sail away Pacific Princess

bigenna

We leave tomorrow, Canada Day, our first time on Pacific Princess. Sail away is at 3 p.m. and there will be lots of festivities near the port that day.

Can anyone suggest a good place on the ship/deck to get the best views, especially of Jack Poole Plaza, I think, where the Olympic torch is located?

We leave tomorrow, Canada Day, our first time on Pacific Princess. Sail away is at 3 p.m. and there will be lots of festivities near the port that day.

Can anyone suggest a good place on the ship/deck to get the best views, especially of Jack Poole Plaza, I think, where the Olympic torch is located?

I think one of the best places would be the Pacific Lounge on deck 10 which has panoramic views out the windows. Another option would be Sun deck above the Pacific Lounge. Either way, it's a small ship and you can move from one spot to another in just a couple of minutes.

A word of caution. When I was on the Island Princess 18 months ago sailing out of Canada Place, the ship sailed during Muster. I was able to get on deck to see sailaway only as we were well away from Canada Place. I don't know if that's usual or unusual out of Vancouver but I was disappointed to not be able to see sailaway.

Last month we had our nice aft balcony on Pacific which we enjoyed immensely at sailaway. The public space we liked best for sailaway was the open aft deck aft of the Buffet area. You can see both sides as well as astern. With the smaller passenger load on Pacific it never seemed crowded on the open decks. Great ship.:D

I'd say topside on the open portion of deck 10 above the pool area. As others have mentioned because of the small size its easy to move around and side to side for different views. Enjoy your cruise, I've got a long 18 months until I sail on her again

All the festivities will be on the port (left) side as you sail away.

However, at that time there won't be anthing specific that you would be able to enjoy from out in the harbor. You will just see a whole lot of people having fun.

It will be a beautiful hot day here tomorrow so you will be able to enjoy it from out on the deck. Have fun!

Thanks Pam, Jim, Doug and wcc19 for the suggestions.

I am really looking forward to this much smaller ship experience. We were lucky enough to get a very nice upgrade too, so it should be a great trip.

Since Vancouver will be having phenomenal warm weather tomorrow, you are going to have a spectacular sail away. If you are wanting to see the festivities from the ship as you sail away, you'll want to be on the port side. You'll also want to grab a spot on deck 10 (jogging track) or out on deck 9 panoramic buffet aft.

Last month we had our nice aft balcony on Pacific which we enjoyed immensely at sailaway. The public space we liked best for sailaway was the open aft deck aft of the Buffet area. You can see both sides as well as astern. With the smaller passenger load on Pacific it never seemed crowded on the open decks. Great ship.:D

+1 Very true!

We had a balcony on the bow and that was AMAZING for sailaway because we got to watch the crew bringing in all the lines,etc.

Have a great cruise - you will love it!

:D