Breakaway w/ pics and comments, June, Haven

graphicguy

Congrats on your nuptials. I, too, had that never again commitment but my DH had never been married and he was able to talk me into it. Smart man, smart woman! Having the time of our lives. Wishing you the best and hoping you also continue to have the time of your lives!

Question? did you take any pixs of the suite. There have been rumors that many of the port side spa haven suites have a pole in front of the tub. I had seen only one picture of one cabin with the pole. Would like to get confirmation if any other suites have the pole.

Thank you for an excellent review! I loved all the pictures of the Haven, as we will be sailing in September!

Congrats to you both on your wedding! Wishing you both many many years of happiness ahead.

Joanne

Congrats on your nuptials. I, too, had that never again commitment but my DH had never been married and he was able to talk me into it. Smart man, smart woman! Having the time of our lives. Wishing you the best and hoping you also continue to have the time of your lives!

Question? did you take any pixs of the suite. There have been rumors that many of the port side spa haven suites have a pole in front of the tub. I had seen only one picture of one cabin with the pole. Would like to get confirmation if any other suites have the pole.

Hi....thanks. We're having the time of our lives, too. Already planning our next cruise.

I'm sorting through our cabin pics, now. I'll post them soon. No pole in our suite. What do they use it for?????? ;)

Got more pics to come.

Edited by graphicguy

Thank you for an excellent review! I loved all the pictures of the Haven, as we will be sailing in September!

Congrats to you both on your wedding! Wishing you both many many years of happiness ahead.

Joanne

Joanne...thanks ever so much for the kind and thoughtful words.:)

Graphicguy,

I just posted the same question on another review but would also like your opinion as well. We are considering the Breakaway to Bermuda but want to know what the seas are like crossing over. Is it rough water? Notice anyone struggling with significant sea sickness from the waves? We would be going about the same time of year that you did, so any feedback would be much appreciated. Thanks!

That spread definitely was not out any day during our trip. Not a big deal really, just interesting to see how different things are done. They had M&Ms and pound cake every day though plus water and orange juice.

This lovely fruit presentation is out right now in the Haven.

Graphicguy,

I just posted the same question on another review but would also like your opinion as well. We are considering the Breakaway to Bermuda but want to know what the seas are like crossing over. Is it rough water? Notice anyone struggling with significant sea sickness from the waves? We would be going about the same time of year that you did, so any feedback would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Lileebird....done the NYC to Bermuda cruise twice. First time (jue of 2013) the Atlantic was a tad rougher than this last time. That said, I'm not real succeptible to nausea. The Breakaway is probably the most stable ship I've ever sailed (and I've sailed the Carnival Breeze and Royal Allure). The first one was a bit rockier than the 2nd one. Neither was what I'd call rough or in any way upsetting in the least.

Hope that helps.

More posts/pics to come.

Sorry this is slow coming together. Catching up after being gone for 4th of July, Independence Day festivities.

So, some were asking about the Spa Suite Cabin......

DSC00176_zpsa4922396.jpg

Somebody asked if there was a "pole" in the middle of the cabin? No...none here. Matter of fact, if there were one, I'd be slightly miffed. Middle of the night, getting up for the lavatory, dark in the cabin...POW. I'd probably run right into it.

Got to give a tip of the hat to NCL. I've sailed them 3 times in the recent past. They have the best beds at sea. They are uber comfortable and their bedding is luxurious.

Shower pressure is good and the water is hot, too. That's not something I've always experienced on other cruise lines.

Storage space in the cabin was plentiful. My wife, being this was her first cruise, way overpacked....even though she only had carryons.

There were people who had told her she had to pack more dressy type clothes for the "formal dinners". As I was watching her unpack, and saw what she had brought, marveling how she could fit the amount of clothes she did in carry ons, I congratulated her on her resourcefulness. But, I also explained to her that "formal nights" were all but obsolete in the entire cruise industry....particularly with Freestyle on NCL.

She found a place for all of her clothes in the cabin closets and drawers, with room to spare.

JS.....yes....more pics to come. Thanks for reading. Glad I can help.

Forgot to mention, those really good, but way overpriced Elemis toiletries were provided to us gratis. I think it was body wash, lotion, shampoo, and conditioner.

What room were u in? Port side or starboard?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Cabin #14142 which was starboard. But, that doesn't matter as the ship doesn't always dock the same to try to pick starboard vs port side.

While we were all over the ship, whenever we just wanted to do some "chill axing". we stayed by the Haven area.....

Roof open (all day, during the day)....this on the 2nd tier of the Haven....

DSC00197_zps48fce581.jpg

Edited by graphicguy

Lileebird....I found a pic of the waves on my first Bermuda voyage a year ago last June.....

IMG_1353_zps94048dab.jpg

While last month's recent sailing didn't have nearly the waves of the one a year ago, I don't recall any sort of significant boat rocking either time. Hope that helps.

Adrian....our concierge....and his very capable assistant (wish I could remember her name).....

DSC00222_zps10da7c75.jpg

We talked to him at least 3-4 times a day. Reservations for a show? He took care of it. Tickets for the Bermudan water taxi?. H took care of it. Squeeze us in for a quick Cagney's dinner reservation? He took care of it. Billing problem? He took care of it. He took care of everything.

Both of them were wonderful.

Our Butler was great, too. We just didn't have much of anything we wanted him to do. We had breakfast served one morning on the balcony. He delivered and served it. He did a fine job. He delivered the little plates of snacks every day. He checked in on us regularly to make sure we had everything we needed. We appreciated the help. We just didn't need much of it.

As a side note, one of our fellow Haven mates told us he and his wife gave specific instructions to our Butler on the type of wine, and when he wanted it delivered (apparently quite a bit of wine) and how mad he was that the Butler couldn't comply. Quizzing him further, apparently the wine was from a very small vineyard in France, that doesn't export everywhere.

I kindly told the "gentleman" that I thought is request was somewhat unreasonable, and that I wouldn't "ding" the Butler or the Concierge about it. He proceeded to go into an in-depth dialog about how "the amount of money he paid, they should be able to comply with what he wanted....me, me, me....I want, I want, I want.....blah, blah, blah.....etc".

In short, between the concierge, the butler, and your cabin steward, there isn't a reasonable request (and many unreasonable ones) that they won't go out of their way to accomodate.

Edited by graphicguy