Weather in December in Bahamas??

kristieokc

Just booked a 5-day cruise through the Bahamas for the time period between Christmas and New Years, with stops in Cococay and Nassau ... I checked weather channels and it looks like average temperature that time of year is about 80 degrees. I'm now looking to plan some excursions but am wondering if anyone can advise if the water will be warm enough for snorkeling, swimming, wave runners, water playland, etc, or if I should perhaps be focusing on more inland activities? I'm kind of a pansy, and prefer my water fairly warm. :)

Any advice would be much appreciated ... thanks!!

We've been to the Bahamas several times in mid-January. The water was too cold for me! (I'm a pansy too. :)) The sun can be very nice and hot but the water is not.

Personally, at that time of year I'd wait until much closer to the cruise to see what the weather will be like before booking any excursions. In January, cold fronts come through that can make things chilly or rainy. I think the end of December is probably the same.

We went the second week of December (2013) and had beautiful weather and water temp. It was in the mid 80's with a water temp of 72-74. Guess depends on the year!

sent from my Samsung galaxy s3

It also depends on whether you think 72 degree water is too cold. I do! :)

Hurricane season ends November 30th which is a sign that waters tend to cool off around then...You can have weather in the 60's or 80's depends on the year. Water temps will likely still be cool though either way..