Booking online and problems!

I didn't know anything about these Cruise Embarcation forms. I was given a link on fb and duly clicked on it. I put in my booking number and found they had my email address wrong. They had missed out the numbers in it. Now as you know I still don't have my e-tickets for Fire & Ice, so I emailed them and gave them the correct address and queried whether this was why I had not yet recieved my tickets.

This is the response:-

Thank you for contacting Thomson and Island Cruises. I have corrected your email and resent your tickets. If the embarkation form does not allow you to complete please check in as normal at the port as the form does not always work.

So had they already sent my tickets to the wrong email address and who got them?:eek:

Also if the form does not always work, what is the point of it?

Also, if they have resent them to the correct email address, why have I still not got them :confused:

Incidentally, I have checked with the local TA, where I booked, and they assured me they had the correct email address, so if they had it why did TUI not have it?

Thomson sure work in a mysterious way :rolleyes:

I have not received mail shots from Thomson for quite some time.

I went in to the shop to change my e mail address and asked why I wasn't getting my mail shots. According to the TA I should have been receiving them. I duly changed my e mail address and guess what? I am now receiving them to my old e mail address :eek: :rolleyes:

The number that I used to get in were not the 1234/56789 one, but one that is called the Cruise ship booking reference and it is a 7 figure number. I have just got into the embarcation form again and it still has the wrong email address, although it is correct in "My Thomson" I give up :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Well i managed to complete the online stuff, filled in the API and printed my e-ticket, boarding passes and confirmatory email.

Comments:

- on the flight extras login the number is the 7 digit one marked as the flight booking ref on the Thomson booking confirmation.

- I had to pay to book 2 seats as they had allocated me middle seats and I wanted aisle.

- the plane was almost fully booked already!

- the boarding passes don't look like real ones. I hope they work and I can just drop the case at Gatwick.

- the e-ticket looks like no ticket I have ever seen, just a little 'E-ticket - Travel document message with the booking ref and departure date?

I will take copies of everything, plus extracopies of the boarding passes. hopefully they will let me on the plane!

Dave, I may have told you this already :o When we went to Spain in May, We handed in our printed off boarding passes, but they still issued me with the old cardboard ones. My daughter and family, following us 5 minutes later, handed their paper one in but were given it back to use :rolleyes:

Coming home, we all used our paper ones. They tore the bottom of the form off by putting a ruler along and ripping it off at the boarding gate! Very 21st century,lol

When you say nearly all the seats were booked, surely some people haven't booked seats (we never do) so there must be some for them :eek: If you have booked they have to find you a seat. Why did you have to pay for 2 seats? No comprendo :confused:

Why did you have to pay for 2 seats? No comprendo :confused:

its because during the online checkin process they allocate you a seat (at the back/in the middle/next to the toilet/the very one you dont usually want/sometimes not together?) which you cannot change....if you want to change you have to pay the fee to select your seat....by this point there is never very many decent seats left

....those who have already paid the select your seat fee can pre book their seats 90 days before and they can checkin online a week before everyone else....also they hold 3 or 4 rows of mobility seats plus the extra legroom/extra space seats are greyed out (unless you have paid the premium for them)

i guess the idea is that if you havnt previously paid to select your seat? you will pay up when it comes to online checkin:mad:

I know all that Geo :D Dave said they allocated him a middle seat and he wanted an aisle seat, Now I have met Dave and I'm sure he doesn't need two seats :p so why did he have to pay for two seats?

We have never booked seats and (so far) always got seats together, quite often window and middle. I refuse to pay extra for something which used to be included in the price of the flight along with meals, newspapers, hot towels, entertainment free earphones................need I go on.

I expect you already know I am a tightwad, but IMHO if people had not started this pre-booking of seats, it would have been abandoned by now!

Rant over :p

I know all that Geo :D Dave said they allocated him a middle seat and he wanted an aisle seat, Now I have met Dave and I'm sure he doesn't need two seats :p so why did he have to pay for two seats?

We have never booked seats and (so far) always got seats together, quite often window and middle. I refuse to pay extra for something which used to be included in the price of the flight along with meals, newspapers, hot towels, entertainment free earphones................need I go on.

I expect you already know I am a tightwad, but IMHO if people had not started this pre-booking of seats, it would have been abandoned by now!

Rant over :p

Because it is just me and they allocated 37B and 38D

37B is no good because it is at the back and a middle seat

38D is no good because it is at the back

So I paid the £19 and selected aisle seats on rows 16 and 17.

one for the otbound and one for the return

Edited by davecttr

Everything is so much simpler with Fred. Thomson just becoming too much of a hassle. After all the stress, you need a holiday to get over your holiday.

PS We never book seats. Wouldn't encourage them. They'll be charging to spend a penny next.

Everything is so much simpler with Fred. Thomson just becoming too much of a hassle. After all the stress, you need a holiday to get over your holiday.

PS We never book seats. Wouldn't encourage them. They'll be charging to spend a penny next.

Hi Nancy, just said the same to DH. When we went on the Braemar in February, we had a book with all the excursions in and tickets and labels through the post.

Why can't Thomson do that?

Very stressed today :rolleyes: