Mekong River Cruise Just returned

keenmolly

Was you cruise in June. What was the weather like. As this is the rainy season did it affect your holiday in any way.

I am leaving for my first river cruise Amsterdam to Budapest on Friday.

Thanks

Marie

We were very lucky as far as rain. We got a few heavy downpours when we were on our boat but this did not worry us as we just continued with cocktails and nibblies etc. The only time I actually used an umbrella was when I was feeling the heat a little for a sun shade.

Umbrellas are provided every time you leave the boat if needed along with a bottle of cold water. They really look after you. I think we were very fortunate with the weather we experienced. Hope you enjoy your upcoming trip. Cheers!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

• 2 months later...

Hi keenmolly. We are departing for our Avalon Mekong cruise next week!! Now down to the last few questions about what might be available on the ship. Hope you can help. Do you recall if there were umbrellas or ponchos on board? Also any binoculars? Lastly do you remember if shampoo and conditioner were available in the cabins?

We are sailing same direction as you so hopefully we will have the same cruise director, who sounded great. Thank you again for recommending Avalon, as we wouldn't have considered them for this otherwise.

Hi BooBooTX hope you have a wonderful trip. No there weren't any binoculars (we took our own). As far as shampoo and conditioner yes it was supplied. If you have Phiem as CD give him a big "Aussie G'Day" from Lyn & Pieter. We will be thinking of you in the warmth in Asia as we cruise the Rhine, Moselle & Rhone in the cold. Happy Travels. We fly to Amsterdam on Monday.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

• 1 month later...

Just wanted to suggest you look at The Jahan (Heritage Line).We cruised the Mekong in late September on this boat and loved every minute of it. Great food, beautiful large cabins, great staff.Had a small pool on the sun deck, individual balconies.

We were also able to cross the Tonle Sap lake on the boat(it was high water season), this is something to check with other itineraries as some boats are much larger and unable to pass under some of the bridges prior to the crossing so a bus trip of approximately 4-5 hours would be needed instead. Also if it is low water season the bus trip is required.:)