advice please - Royal Caribbean

Hello - we are new to cruising and would love some advise. Sailing out of Port Canaveral in Aug going to Nassau and Cococay.

- ship sails at 4.30pm - what time will they let people on the ship? If they let you on early , can you use the restaurant / facilities?

- we are thinking of doing an all inclusive day pass as one of the resort in Nassau. Any recommendations? Any other things worth doing / seeing at Nassau outside the day pass option?

- Can you book the cabana at Cococay in advance ? Would you recommend booking a cabana?

Thanks very much in advance for any insights you have - Cheers

- ship sails at 4.30pm - what time will they let people on the ship? If they let you on early , can you use the restaurant / facilities?

It depends on when they clear customs, but I am assuming you are talking about the Enchantment, and they start boarding around 10:30. The windjammer will be open, as will at least some of the pools. You won't have access to your room until 1:00, so plan on keeping your carry-ons with you.

- we are thinking of doing an all inclusive day pass as one of the resort in Nassau. Any recommendations? Any other things worth doing / seeing at Nassau outside the day pass option?

The aquarium at Atlantis is a nice experience. As for the passes that give you beach access... you can also go to the beach by taking a ferry and walking or hopping in a cab. Explore options on the boards here before deciding you need a day pass. It all depends on what kind of experience you are looking for.

- Can you book the cabana at Cococay in advance ? Would you recommend booking a cabana?

Suite guests (GS and higher) have priority on the cabanas. If you are not in a suite, and have your heart set on a cabana, you need to get yourself on the waiting list immediately after boarding. Again, assuming you are going on the Enchantment, the shore excursions desk opens at 11:45 and I suggest you be in line by that time. They get sold out very quickly.

Hello - we are new to cruising and would love some advise. Sailing out of Port Canaveral in Aug going to Nassau and Cococay.

Typically you can arrive at the pier around 10:30 and they usually start boarding around 11:00. You must be on board 90 minutes prior to sailing, which means with at 4:30 departure you have to be on board by 3:00. (This is required as this is the time the final passenger manifest needs to be submitted to customs by the cruise line).

The Windjammer buffet and - depending on ship - one or two other restaurants will be open for lunch and the entire ship is open to explore.

Your stateroom will be ready by one and luggage will be delivered typically after that and by early evening,

Carry all your valuables and anything needed prior to luggage arrival with you on board. Don't worry if your luggage isn't there by dinner as the dress codes are relaxed the first night for that reason.

RCI allows you to bring two bottles of wine per stateroom of 750ml max at original embarkation. Best to do so in your carry on as well.

Enjoy your first cruise - it won't be your last!

In general... I usually get to the ship from 11:00 to 11:30am. The cabins aren't usually open until 1:00, but the rest of the ship is open to explore. Keep in mind that you will be carrying around whatever you walked on with. You can throw your bathing suits in your bag and just hang out at the pool if you want.

We love the Atlantis, but you'll find a lot of people find it over-priced. Check your port arrival time and make sure you have time to enjoy any all-inclusive. There is a port board for Nassau you might want to check out. Lots of helpful information there.

There are so many places on CocoCay to sit, it's not really necessary to get a cabana. I'm also not a fan of the location of the cabanas. However, there are some nice perks that go along with the cabanas, private lunch being one of them. I think if expense isn't an issue, you have a group of 5 or 6, and want the extra perks, then it's certainly something to consider.

Edited by renech

It depends on when they clear customs, but I am assuming you are talking about the Enchantment, and they start boarding around 10:30. The windjammer will be open, as will at least some of the pools. You won't have access to your room until 1:00, so plan on keeping your carry-ons with you.

Windjammer opens at 11:30AM. Park Cafe may also be open in the Solarium.

Without a doubt, board around 11a. That one action will lengthen your vacation by an entire day...which is important on that final morning of the cruise!

Enchantment is a great ship; we've not sailed her since she was extended...by ~150' if memory serves. If I were sailing, and new to cruising, I'd stay aboard while in Nassau and enjoy the day without a crowded ship. Use the private island day as your beach day. I've not been to Coco Cay in many years so have no tips for that day.

ENJOY!