Doubletree Victoria area

I just booked 6 nights at the Doubletree Victoria in London between our two transatlantic cruises next spring. Just want to check with my cruise critic friends if I have chosen well! Can anyone that has stayed there or is familiar with the hotel tell me how far it is from the tube? My husband has knee issues and I'm trying to minimize his walking as much as I can. Also, are there pubs/restaurants in the area for dinner? Just starting to do my research on London, but want to make sure we've picked an acceptable location for a hotel, while I can still cancel and rebook elsewhere is necessary. Thanks in advance for any advice. :)

Very close to tube and buses; loads of decent pubs close by; loads of sightseeing stuff close by - you have loads of choices. I live about a mile away - I could give you a few steers as to decent pubs (my speciality:D).

Thanks so much! You've made me feel better about our choices. Would love to get any recommendations you might have for local /restaurants. Really looking forward to our visit to London!

We stayed at another hotel in the Victoria area of London on our last visit and thought it was very convenient. We used the tube and the bus system and it is very close by. Yes, restaurants, pubs, coffee places, etc.all over the place. I have stayed in other areas of London that I might classify as more upscale than Victoria, such as Mayfair and Knightsbridge, but for convenience the Victoria area is great.

Thanks for the info! I'm always grateful for the comments. We were looking more for convenience than anything so I think we've done ok. I'm just starting to do our research on the city and what we want to do. I can see that half the fun will be in the planning. My husband retires in 3 weeks and we are really looking forward to being able to travel more.:)