Vision of the Seas

Just off the Vision on Thursday. To put upcoming cruisers at ease, I did not experience any if the problems I had read about on this board. Never saw anyone wait long at any bar. Had pool waiters on sea days ask me multiple times if I wanted drinks. To be fair, food in the MDR was average. Ate at Chops and Giovanni's and had great service and great food at both. Crew on board were friendly each and every time I had an encounter with them. My stateroom and stateroom attendant were perfect each day. In closing, a cruise is what you make of it. If you nitpick every detail, you're not going to have a good experience. If you go in to it with an open mind and recognize you're not the only person on board you'll be able to handle any hiccups that could occur.

We do not do an excursion in key west as we've been many times. We like to walk up Duvall street, eat at margaritaville, shop, then settle in at Irish Kevin's bar for some drinks and music. In grand cayman, we did a dolphin swim and 7 mile beach excursion. The dolphin swim was fantastic, however the beach we were taken to was not that great. We've been to 7 mile beach before and loved it, but this time wasn't as good..

Just off the Vision on Thursday. To put upcoming cruisers at ease, I did not experience any if the problems I had read about on this board. Never saw anyone wait long at any bar. Had pool waiters on sea days ask me multiple times if I wanted drinks. To be fair, food in the MDR was average. Ate at Chops and Giovanni's and had great service and great food at both. Crew on board were friendly each and every time I had an encounter with them. My stateroom and stateroom attendant were perfect each day. In closing, a cruise is what you make of it. If you nitpick every detail, you're not going to have a good experience. If you go in to it with an open mind and recognize you're not the only person on board you'll be able to handle any hiccups that could occur.
My husband and I just got off this same cruise. On the whole we had a great time. We did wait on the first day at the bar on deck 4 but I'm guessing it was because everyone was just getting on the ship and waiting to get into their cabins. I was a little disappointed with a few of the waiters in the MDR during the one time we had lunch there, but not that bad. What did surprise me was the small things they did away with. No shampoo, conditioner, lotion, chocolates on the pillow, towel animals, etc. Having forgotten my shampoo and lotion (first time), I asked the cabin steward and he informed us they don't supply it anymore. This was also confirmed by one of the waitresses in Schooners. While talking with other passengers they said they had it in their cabins! I'm thinking it must have been a hit or miss thing or it could have had something to do with our steward. He never seemed to be around and was quite stern. On passing a cabin he was cleaning we saw him checking out the clothes hanging in that cabins closet, don't know what that was all about. On the whole it was a great trip and the ship was beautiful.

My husband and I just got off this same cruise. On the whole we had a great time. We did wait on the first day at the bar on deck 4 but I'm guessing it was because everyone was just getting on the ship and waiting to get into their cabins. I was a little disappointed with a few of the waiters in the MDR during the one time we had lunch there, but not that bad. What did surprise me was the small things they did away with. No shampoo, conditioner, lotion, chocolates on the pillow, towel animals, etc. Having forgotten my shampoo and lotion (first time), I asked the cabin steward and he informed us they don't supply it anymore. This was also confirmed by one of the waitresses in Schooners. While talking with other passengers they said they had it in their cabins! I'm thinking it must have been a hit or miss thing or it could have had something to do with our steward. He never seemed to be around and was quite stern. On passing a cabin he was cleaning we saw him checking out the clothes hanging in that cabins closet, don't know what that was all about. On the whole it was a great trip and the ship was beautiful.

I had no problem with getting served first day on deck 4. They had 3 bartenders working and no one seemed to have to wait long. I did not have shampoo etc in my room either but I had read that rccl had done away with it. Not a huge loss for me personally. My cabin steward was great. Saw her 3-4 times a day, she always greeted us warmly by name and was very accommodating.

Does the ship dock close to Duvall Street? Is it walkable?

We docked at end of Duvall street. Not sure they always do. I think there are ytimes it docks at navy pier. Either way, not far to get to Duvall street.

Thanks Dons44, can you tell me where is the best beach to hangout in the Keys? In Grand Cayman - we want to do the Stingray excursion.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Not sure about beach in key west. I've always just walked Duvall street if on a cruise or if I've stayed there I've either gone to hotel pool or hotel beach. Sorry I don't have a better answer

Thanks for the report.

Thanks Dons44, can you tell me where is the best beach to hangout in the Keys? In Grand Cayman - we want to do the Stingray excursion.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Key West is not known for it's beaches I would recommend the Conch Train if you have never been there before. (Buy it on the ship as its the same price or cheaper)

Thanks for the positive report. Sounds like Royal heard the complaints loud and clear and have made some adjustments :D We sail in just under a month and are very much looking forward to it!

Thank you for the report Dons44.

I'm thinking it must have been a hit or miss thing or it could have had something to do with our steward. He never seemed to be around and was quite stern. On passing a cabin he was cleaning we saw him checking out the clothes hanging in that cabins closet, don't know what that was all about. On the whole it was a great trip and the ship was beautiful.

He may not have been doing something wrong but doing part of his duty - looking in the closet to see if they needed a replacement laundry bag.