Just off Legend!! ... Camp Carnival 6-8

SUSIEK

Trying to get back into the work groove after spending a fabulous week aboard the Legend.

We have been on over 50 cruises.... my husband and I both agree this was one of the best. I guess we just got lucky as everything went so well. I would be glad to answer any questions.

Prior to the sailing I searched everywhere looking for the Camp Carnival Activities for the 6-8 age group. I am posting them here for anyone who is also looking.

Camp Carnival 1st page.pdf

Camp Carnival Mon and Tues.pdf

Camp Carnival Sat and Sun.pdf

Camp Carnival Thurs and Fri.pdf

Camp Carnival Wednesday.pdf

We went to 3 production shows and the Hasbro Game Show. Did not go to any comedy shows.

Motor City was my favorite, next Epic Rock, then The Brits. I like the high energy dance shows. All were very well attended. Dancers were excellent.

They do repeat the same shows during the week. Some people didn't care for that, but it worked out good for us as we may have missed some shows due to other activities.

My son got picked for the Hasbro Game Show....very fun!!!

Comparing to other cruises.... they are all different. Last year we sailed on the Breeze and only saw 1 show that we left half way through. I didn't want to leave during any of the shows on Legend. The ice shows on Royal remain my favorite shows, but we don't sail for the shows.

We found the food in MDR to be very good. We had the Your Time Dining in Truffles and never had to wait for a table for 3 or 2. We would usually eat around 7. Finally had the warm chocolate melting cake..... wow it was delish!!

I was not impressed with the pizza. I do like thin crust but this was the thinnest of the thin crust! Also, it was may fresh, fine... but it took a while to get a slice. I wish they would have some already made set aside.

The deli sandwiches at the buffet were excellent. Made to order and the guys are fast.

We had reservations in the Golden Fleece steakhouse for Thursday. We ended up cancelling because we were very happy with the food in MDR.

Had room service breakfast each morning on our balcony. Cereal, toast, fruit and coffee (from room service card left in the room). It was always delivered at the time we requested. Room service coffee was much better than the coffee on the Lido. I am a tea drinker and appreciated the assortment of herbal teas in the Lido.

Any pics of serenity deck?

How was the comedy shows?

Food?

I am pretty sure we have pics of the Serenity.... will try to post. By the time we would get out there it would be packed. The pool really should be larger.

They do have clam shells along each side of the deck, not in Serenity. They are private and comfy. We spend a lot of time in those. I will try to post pics.

Thank you for Camp Carnival Fun Times!! This will give us an idea of the types of activities the 6 year-old may want to attend.

Did you smell much smoke from folks smoking on their balcony?

Yes, we did have some balcony mates that smoked. Of course, not everyone smokes...maybe you will get lucky! Also, the smoking policy will be changing from what I've heard.

Thank you for Camp Carnival Fun Times!! This will give us an idea of the types of activities the 6 year-old may want to attend.

Use them as a guideline and do NOT tell your 6 year old they may do a certain thing. Stuff changes all the time. I got a camp activity sheet from a cruise 4 weeks before mine and NOTHING was the same. And boy was she disappointed.

Where exactly are all of the 'designated smoking areas'? We are booking today, and debating between a balcony cabin on Main starboard side vs. one on Empress port side. With Main being above a common space, I do not want to end up over a smoking area and not be able to use our balcony.

Where exactly are all of the 'designated smoking areas'? We are booking today, and debating between a balcony cabin on Main starboard side vs. one on Empress port side. With Main being above a common space, I do not want to end up over a smoking area and not be able to use our balcony.

Pretty sure smoking was on the right side, outside, when walking to the front of the ship. Is that port?

take the empress port side.

What time should we plan to get to the serenity deck to get a seat in the morning?

I would say no later than 10. Depends on the crowd... you will have to check it out on the 1st sea day. We never went there to stay. We usually got a clamshell on the side decks or loungers

by one of the pools.

Edited by SUSIEK