On line checkin

Giantfan13

We are sailing the Divina in August. I just did my online check in with passport numbers etc. Did I miss something or are you not able to set up your ships account on line also?. I know when I sail other cruise lines we can enter a credit card number and have the account all ready to go before we go on board. We are also ready to print out our boarding passes and luggage tags. All they told me to print out was the sort of confirmation of the passport numbers. Is THAT all that is needed for boarding? Did I miss another step to set up the ships account on line?

Cheers

Len

We are sailing the Divina in August. I just did my online check in with passport numbers etc. Did I miss something or are you not able to set up your ships account on line also?. I know when I sail other cruise lines we can enter a credit card number and have the account all ready to go before we go on board. We are also ready to print out our boarding passes and luggage tags. All they told me to print out was the sort of confirmation of the passport numbers. Is THAT all that is needed for boarding? Did I miss another step to set up the ships account on line?

Cheers

Len

I did the same thing last night for our Aug. cruise......hope someone answered your post that has sailed MSC before. The Check in online seemed really short compared to other cruise lines.

Cheers

Len

Giant,,your boarding passes and luggage tags will be e-mailed to you 30 days prior to the embarkation date. You will also set-up your sign and sail account with your credit card info during the check-in process. I think they need to tweak that process a little bit though. Our cousins told us they stood in line for almost an hour before they were able to check in.

Cheers

Len

Thats all you need , the credit card info gets done at the pier during check-in.

Giant,,your boarding passes and luggage tags will be e-mailed to you 30 days prior to the embarkation date. You will also set-up your sign and sail account with your credit card info during the check-in process. I think they need to tweak that process a little bit though. Our cousins told us they stood in line for almost an hour before they were able to check in.

Mike if you get there about 10:30-11:00 the check in process gets done very quickly because they have lots of open windows.

Mike if you get there about 10:30-11:00 the check in process gets done very quickly because they have lots of open windows.

We may have to do that Riclop. We are in the Yacht Club and luckily avoid those lines, but our cousins are going along with us who are not.

Thanks for the heads up guys. Does seem a bit lame that they haven't gotten to the modern age where you can do all these things on line BEFORE you get to check in. Things like this might just make one a bit skeptical of MSC. Why make people stand on line when it's so much easier to do it before.

Cheers

Len

We may have to do that Riclop. We are in the Yacht Club and luckily avoid those lines, but our cousins are going along with us who are not.

Great no lines and they will be waiting for you under the tent. Enjoy it!!!

You are correct Mike! You can also a debit card if you want!

It took us in May about 30 minutes from the time we entered the Port facility to when we entered the ship, and we arrived around noon!

Have fun Giant!:D

Edited by American Bear

Thanks for the heads up guys. Does seem a bit lame that they haven't gotten to the modern age where you can do all these things on line BEFORE you get to check in. Things like this might just make one a bit skeptical of MSC. Why make people stand on line when it's so much easier to do it before.

Cheers

Len

Don't let it bother you Giant, the drinks with vouchers are approx. half what you'd pay on others ships, and about 25% less without the vouchers! Have a few drinks and enjoy, football season is almost here!:D

Don't let it bother you Giant, the drinks with vouchers are approx. half what you'd pay on others ships, and about 25% less without the vouchers! Have a few drinks and enjoy, football season is almost here!:D

Thanks AB. I don't sweat the small stuff, as we usually arrive early enough to beat most of the crowds.

Thanks again everyone for the info and great suggestions.

PS Giants open camp in 2 weeks. We open early as we are playing in the HOF game.

Cheers

Len