Disembarking the Liberty, how long does it take?

Dr Dave

Hi folks,

I'm headed out on the Liberty in a few weeks and have a question about the disembarkation process at Port Canaveral. After the cruise, I'm planning to rent a car and head to Universal Studios for the day (I fly out the next day). In order to maximize the amount of time at Universal, I'd kinda like to be one of the folks off the ship a little earlier (hopefully miss the wave of traffic back to Orlando). Now, I know that every cruise and every homeport is different, but generally what have people's experiences been like at PC, is self assist the zoo that it always looks like, what do you recommend?

We did self disembark in May and we left the ship around 7:15, got our luggage and didn't even have to wait at Customs...went right up to the agent, he checked us through and we were on our way. Of course we didn't have anything for him to check 'cause we didn't buy anything! There was hardly anyone in the luggage warehouse area.

It may be a different story if you are not doing self disembark.

We just got off the Liberty this Sunday. It was a nightmare. They start with those who are taking their own luggage off and do it floor by floor. I think they started about 8:00am. At 9:00am the halls were full of those with their own bags. We had an estimated 8:30am departure and were not allowed to even get in line until after 9:00am. This is the most disorganized and terrible disembarkation process I have ever seen. The only people who got off in any kind of organized fashion were the platinum and diamond cruises.

Plus, at one of bags had been placed in the wrong are and it took even longer to find it.

So last week even self disembark was totally unsatisfactory.

We just got off the Liberty this Sunday. ...

Plus, at one of bags had been placed in the wrong are and it took even longer to find it.

So last week even self disembark was totally unsatisfactory.

Grothj,

You did self assist and had trouble finding one of your bags? :confused: