Dress Code on First Night

fat_joe

I am taking my first cruise on the Triumph on Saturday. I have heard that my bags may not arrive at my cabin until 8 PM. Is it okay to wear shorts or jeans to dinner the first night or should I pack a change of clothes in my carry on bag? Thanks for the help.

We carry an extra set of clothes for dinner in our carry-on, as well as bathing suits. Fold your clothes carefully, hang them up when you get in your cabin, and they will be fine by dinner time.

I am wearing a white skort when I embark on our cruise. Its a skirt with shorts under it. This particular one has the shirt going all the way around it so it really looks like a skirt. That with a nice top will take care of me if the bags don't arrive in time for dinner. DH is wearing Kahki shorts and a polo shirt with boat shoes. Its too hot to make him wear pants while embarking. If for some reason, the bags don't arrrive, we'll look decent. :)

Pack a bathing suit in your carry-on bag. Enjoy the pool area before it gets crazy with people. Also pack something easy to change into for dinner. I wore a button-down shirt with my shorts for embarkation, and then just packed a swimsuit and pair of khakis. The only questionable thing I wore was my sneakers...but nobody cared (except for a friend who was just busting on me a little).

We also had most of our bags in our room by dinner, BTW. I was impressed.

...We're lucky enough to have just a short 75 minute drive to the Port so we usually wear something presentable for our embarkation pictures (which is the one photo we definitely purchase every cruise) and in the Dining Room.

...But, my Father-in-Law...AARRGGHH!! The guy spends 40 years wearing a suit & tie to work and "dressesd down" when his bags arrive at the cabin (usually before 5pm) to shorts! Claims he's going to "make believe" his bags didn't arrive to the room yet! AARRGGHH!!

...But, my Father-in-Law...AARRGGHH!! The guy spends 40 years wearing a suit & tie to work and "dressesd down" when his bags arrive at the cabin (usually before 5pm) to shorts! Claims he's going to "make believe" his bags didn't arrive to the room yet! AARRGGHH!!

Hey, if he had to wear a suit and tie for 40 years, let him have his one relaxed dinner. It's his cruise too. (-;

...Thanx Cotton

...It looks OK on my screen. Is it still running tooooo long??

LOL, that is the longest location I have ever seen :D It doesn't run off the screen on mine, but it does go across the entire screen :D But at least we have directions in case we ever need to find ya ;)

Archived