Current Chef's Table Menu anyone?

iceleven

Does anyone know what the current Chef's Table Menu is? Has anyone here gone to it recently? Can it be booked on line or do we need to wait until boarding the ship and seeing the Maitre 'd?

Does anyone know what the current Chef's Table Menu is? Has anyone here gone to it recently? Can it be booked on line or do we need to wait until boarding the ship and seeing the Maitre 'd?

We went to it last week on Breeze--had a great time and a great meal. We booked it several weeks in advance through the Breeze's Steakhouse email address. Here's the menu:ImageUploadedByForums1404864144.758632.jpg.35d4b7946f5d190a5ef285d69f858067.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

That was the same menu that we had in January... Chef said that it changes every 6 months or so... We sail in September... I'm hoping it changes again!

It has been the same menu since at least November 2012 which was the first time I did the chefs table. I am hoping that they change it soon, I greatly enjoyed it the two times I have done it but I will probably wait until they change the menu before doing it again.

We went to the Chefs table twice. Last time on Breeze two weeks ago. Same menu. Both times we had a great experience. The food is amazing. BOOK EARLY!

Even though we loved it-I will probably not reserve again until the menu changes.

So you think it is worth the $?

On our October Liberty cruise we are celebrating our anniversary. I booked the Steak House, which we have done before and enjoyed. But I'm considering the Chef's Table instead....can you book online before you sail?

Thanks!

(BTW -- I guess we are neighbors -- we actually live in Riverview, too!:))

Edited by Lovefuninthesun

Just did it on the Freedom. WELL worth the price. They gave me a couple of glasses of Champaign, probably a bottle's worth of wine through out the dinner and then gave us 2 8x10 photos of the event. So just on the cost of the photos and the wine we would have spent close to the cost of at least one of the 2 meals.

yes, you can book before the cruise. I sent an email to eventplanning@carnival.com and told them I wanted to book the chef's table and what ship/sailing I was on and gave them a cabin #.

I received an email from fdsteakhouse@carnival.com with a confirmation.

I suppose you could go to the steakhouse reservation page online and book it but when I tried it only seemed like steakhouse reservations were handled there. But I noticed that the Chef's table reservations were managed by the steakhouse anyway.

So you think it is worth the $?

On our October Liberty cruise we are celebrating our anniversary. I booked the Steak House, which we have done before and enjoyed. But I'm considering the Chef's Table instead....can you book online before you sail?

Thanks!

(BTW -- I guess we are neighbors -- we actually live in Riverview, too!:))

Yes, well worth it! Considering they do give you unlimited wine and picture. If you go to the steakhouse-which is also very good you will spend $10 on just one glass of wine plus the $35 for dinner. The chefs table is a 7 course dinner and each plate is a work of art.....Ok, I may have to go again...just talked myself into it...

We are off of Boyette-Thank heaven the roadwork is 99% done!

we've gone twice and worth the money, 100%!!

We wouldn't do it again though until they change the menu. Sadly, the first time we did it was better than the second but again, still 100% worth it!

here is a larger version of the menu

945064_10152806204790015_1871282156_n.jpg

Yes, well worth it! Considering they do give you unlimited wine and picture. If you go to the steakhouse-which is also very good you will spend $10 on just one glass of wine plus the $35 for dinner. The chefs table is a 7 course dinner and each plate is a work of art.....Ok, I may have to go again...just talked myself into it...

We are off of Boyette-Thank heaven the roadwork is 99% done!

I totally agree, worth every penny and awesome to get to see the kitchens on the ship. The food is truly amazing and while maybe not as romantic as a table for two, it is an awesome experience and a great value if you like great food and wine. I asked for both red and white and my glass was never more that half empty so I really don't know how much I drank but suffice it to say it was a lot after 3 glasses of champagne with the first bites and usually a full glass with each course.

I too am beginning to contemplate doing it again on my upcoming cruise....

Everything related to the chef's table is ultimately handled by the Steakhouse onboard. The bill will even appear on your statement as a charge from the Steakhouse.

Both times we've attended I sent an email prior to the cruise directly to the Steakhouse onboard and received a confirmation back within 24 hours. They won't tell you which night it will be held until you are onboard. Last week on Breeze we received a letter in our mailbox on the first morning of the cruise after leaving Miami informing us that the dinner would be held the next night (night #3 of the 6 day cruise). You can usually assume that it won't be the first or last night or on an elegant night.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app