Just off the Jade, and have the post-cruise blues

andmad

Can anyone tell me if this is a good ship for solos? I sailed solo on the Epic last fall and am looking for an Eastern Med cruise for this fall or next spring. I would like to continue to cruise with Norwegian, but the Freestyle dinning policy makes me nervous. I don't mind eating alone, but eating alone for 7 days doesn't sound like that much fun!

Can anyone tell me if this is a good ship for solos? I sailed solo on the Epic last fall and am looking for an Eastern Med cruise for this fall or next spring. I would like to continue to cruise with Norwegian, but the Freestyle dinning policy makes me nervous. I don't mind eating alone, but eating alone for 7 days doesn't sound like that much fun!

I sailed solo on the Jade in October. I did eat alone most evenings, but that was my choice. They had solo get togethers, but I didn't go to any of them. That may be a good way to find dinner companions. Be sure to be active in your roll call, and then you may have the opportunity to meet up with others on your sailing and share a meal. I really enjoyed the solo aspect of the cruise. My next cruise is on the Epic, so I'm going with different expectations because of the solo lounge.

• 1 month later...

Tell the host/hostess who is seating you that you would like to be seated at a sharing table. Then, if there are others who also prefer to share, you will have company. My husband and I do this and are usually seated with anywhere from two to six other people. Many times one of them is a solo.