Smoking on balconies

marazul

We'll see what happens with Seabourn's 2015 policy. Meanwhile, it would have been nice if they had promised you that they would do the best they could to locate you in a verandah stateroom that does not border on a smoker. I don't think that would be too difficult to do, since the vast majority of passengers do not smoke. Or they could have made a commitment to move you if you had bad luck and got stuck next to a smoker. Again, not too hard to do. IMO they are not treating you like a valued customer. They seem to value their smokers more.

The Observation Bar is popular after dinner at the moment as we enjoy exceptionally great weather, spectacular scenary and perpetual daylight. There is ONE smoker who chooses to share her smoke with the rest of the room and seems to take pleasure in doing so just because she can. She isn't breaking any rules of course but it's very selfish. Complaints to the hotel director have been met with the "company policy" line. I guess that until Seabourn management finally concedes to the wishes of the vast majority of its customers this situation will continue.

I'm sorry if the few smokers on board feel "victimised" but as a non/former smoker I also feel victimised as my verandah is out of bounds for much of the time and some public areas too. There is also a prolific pipe smoker here who sits on the rear verandah outside the Square (as he should) but the smoke wafts up the stairs into the Colonade restaurant terrace. Lovely :mad: