Low water on Danube in September

MalibooNewYork

I've been reading posts about low water on the Rhine and got to worrying. We want to book a cruise for September on the Danube. Could we run into any problems because of low water?

And, if anyone has anything to say about Viking Danube Waltz or Romantic Danube, it would be much appreciated. A big thank you.

Sorry, no one can tell you anything right now!

You can experience everything in every month on the rivers from low water to regluar river stage up to high water. That´s part of river cruising.

And this is not a special thing only European rivers "suffer from". Last year there was a flood on the Upper Mississippi River and I feared that we won´t make it. We didn´t - but because of low water a couple of weeks later!

steamboats

The rain this week was heavy, but there is no way predicting what conditions will be like in September.

Like steamboats says, low or high water can happen any time on a river cruise. This week I read that Missisippi cruises were moved to the Ohio river due to high water.

I tend to obsess and worry about what could go wrong before every major trip. I should learn to relax because while there have been mishaps on my trips, I have always had a wonderful time. Of course, you can't predict water levels, should'a known that.

thank you, for responding.