Fans on Sunshine

We were on the Valor at the end of May and it was unbearably hot in our room. I went to Kmart while in St. Thomas and bought a small tabletop fan. They confiscated it when I tried to bring it on the ship. They sent someone to the room with an electronic thermometer and my room temp was nearly 78* so they did bring us a huge fan to use the rest of the cruise. They told us that that anything 73* and under is considered acceptable and the reading would have to be above that to get a fan.

I have brought my own fan each time (mostly as a noise/snore cover) Never had a problem but I make sure the fan is clean and in good shape..

They may not have enough fans for everyone if the entire floor is hot.

Just an FYI...I had heard some say that they were hot in their rooms on the DREAM. (I always run a bit hot so I was worried) It was humid on embarkation day but by the time we got back to our rooms after dinner....it was downright chilly in our room and stayed that way the entire week. I would rather have it cold because I brought a jacket and sweater!

Happy sailing!

We are cruising on the Pride in 2 weeks. When we booked the cruise (just 3 weeks ago) I asked about bringing a fan. My mom needs one for her Asthma....we were told to bring a new, clean fan and to pack it in your carry-on

Well I bought mine brand new...still in box in St. Thomas and tried to carry it on in my beach bag and it was still confiscated. I argued that it was not a fire hazard because it was brand new. They told me that guests were prohibited from bringing on their own fans. They did return mine on the last night of the cruise. So you can see they (Carnival) are very inconsistent with policy on fans. I think its going to just depend on which ship and if they catch it in your luggage. They don't search every piece of luggage so it might sneak through that way.