Need Help Deciding Next Cruise

In February of 2015 my DH and I will be on Adventure traveling to St. Thomas, St. Kitts, Curacao and Aruba. This will be our first time to three of these islands. We have sailed the southern Caribbean route to both Barbados and Grenada. We've done the eastern and western route. Now for my questions:

Since our favorite ships have been the Serenade and the Jewel, are the Allure and Oasis too large for us. We will be moving from gold C & A after our next cruise and qualify for a balcony discount. How much of a discount do you get?

We both enjoy sea days and these ships seem to be less port intensive. Another question is what are the balcony cabins like. I read about Boardwalk balcony, Central Park balcony and Ocean View. Can someone explain these to me. Also, the prices for both these ships is very high compared to others in the fleet. Are they worth it?

If we are going to spend a lot of money on a cruise should we consider a Med cruise? We have never been to Spain, or Italy. I know I have a lot of questions but if there is a savvy cruiser out there willing to help me out, I would appreciate it.

You should book them and find out for yourself. They are wonderful ships as all rci ships are

All d cat cabins are the same size. Ocean balconies are the same as other ships in the fleet

Boardwalk cabins overlook the boardwalk area and can have some ocean view

Central park cabins overlook a large park, no ocean views

Google O/A on YouTube and you will find many vids to guide you

Edited by setsail

We will be moving from gold C & A after our next cruise and qualify for a balcony discount. How much of a discount do you get?

Once you hit Platinum, you'll get a $100 balcony discount per cabin if booked 6+ months in advance.

Within 6 months of sail date you'd get $75 off per cabin.

Yes, the Oasis and Alure tend to be pricier than other ships on the Caribbean but the Med is in another category altogether. You will be spending significantly more on a Med cruise than one that sails the Caribbean. The airfare alone is higher and the current exchange rate is not in your favor.

I am in no way trying to discourage you from the Med. It was hands down the best cruise I have ever taken but very pricy.

If you like sea days, the Med is not the place to sail. You will want to be off the ship bright and early discovering all the wonders to be seen.

When we sailed last year, we considered it a once in a lifetime experience. Ha ha!

We've been bitten by the bug and planning to return in 2016.